[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (7 Viewers)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    :)Regarding 3D MVC videos I can confirm ALL 3D MVC videos where properly detected and played on my Projector. With no special mode or trick selected.
    TV Resolution was automatically changed to 1080P on both screens (Projector and TV both 4K) Projector doesn't display 3D MVC upscaled to 4K and resolution must be manually changed.... HOPEFULLY, not any more:). Resolution is automatically changed to 1080p.
    Even simultaneous screen playback works at the same time.:eek: TV on 1080P no 3D (is not a 3D TV) and projector on 3D 1080P FP mode and glasses working properly!
    WELL DONE @Sebastiii !!!! AMAZING!!!

Only thing I may suggest is to try to recover previous mode. Whatever was, in my case, 4K.

Its not returning to 4K. Remains 1080P
    EDIT. Well actually I discovered that MadVr Display Mode option: restore original display mode... is doing the trik! And now it automatically recover 4K!

Last edited:

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Just tested v330 (Win 1703, 1050 Ti, D3D11 decoding & present), everything works including zapping between SD and HD TV channels. Thanks @Sebastiii and madshi !

- Disable Core CC parser for madVR
    What does that do exactly? Is that why teletext/DVB subtitles don't show up when doing a screenshot with madVR, or that has nothing to do with it?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Just tested v330 (Win 1703, 1050 Ti, D3D11 decoding & present), everything works including zapping between SD and HD TV channels. Thanks @Sebastiii and madshi !

What does that do exactly? Is that why teletext/DVB subtitles don't show up when doing a screenshot with madVR, or that has nothing to do with it?

There is always the issue with D3D11 native mode (like video of 1 second in loop lol) but should be fixed on madVR side :p
    The CoreCC Parser is to display sub encoded in video (most in USA and SPAIN) but to have it working, we need to have a second input on madVR decoder (like EVR) and madshi answer me that it's not possible.
    So to have it working, the best will be to code that (i can't) to transform the sub in video to subtitle renderer in realtime, so need good C++ dev for it :p

About Teletext/DVB it should works (for LiveTV at least) when using TsReader (and option checked in TV config part of MP configuration tools).
    I didn't try to screenshot Teletext/DVB subs with the new screenshot code, i was assuming it was working if option is checked on madVR but maybe not.
    For sure it has nothing to do (CCParser) with screenshot :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @el Filou
    I was able to screenshot Teletext on my side with :
    upload_2017-10-2_7-37-34.png

madVR - 07-36-12.jpg madVR - 07-36-12.jpgmadVR - 07-36-10.jpg

Attachments

• madVR - 07-36-13.jpg
      madVR - 07-36-13.jpg
      155.3 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    :)Regarding 3D MVC videos I can confirm ALL 3D MVC videos where properly detected and played on my Projector. With no special mode or trick selected.
    TV Resolution was automatically changed to 1080P on both screens (Projector and TV both 4K) Projector doesn't display 3D MVC upscaled to 4K and resolution must be manually changed.... HOPEFULLY, not any more:). Resolution is automatically changed to 1080p.
    Even simultaneous screen playback works at the same time.:eek: TV on 1080P no 3D (is not a 3D TV) and projector on 3D 1080P FP mode and glasses working properly!
    WELL DONE @Sebastiii !!!! AMAZING!!!

Only thing I may suggest is to try to recover previous mode. Whatever was, in my case, 4K.

Its not returning to 4K. Remains 1080P
    EDIT. Well actually I discovered that MadVr Display Mode option: restore original display mode... is doing the trik! And now it automatically recover 4K!

That's good :)
    But does the GPU continue to crash ? :p

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    But does the GPU continue to crash ? :p
    Yes although this combination of settings is more stable, I'm still experiencing mp crashes. most on video/TV stop.

I have read you are using Nvidia GTX 1050 also. Would you mine to provide me your Driver, MadVR and Lav Versions?

I want to make sure I have a similar setup before posting logs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom