[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (3 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I just change the code to see if it reduce the delay :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    V57 now installed, zapping with madvr still looks clunky as described yesterday with V53 and V54. With EVR it is better the screen goes black and then the new channel plays, i.e it does not flash up the old channel. I also got a MP hang on starting a catchup BBC vid inOV , the buffer fills then the sceen goes black and after some seconds returns to the previous screen but nothing works anymore except to close MP via Task Manager, log attached. The same video played with EVR, had a further hang with madvr but subsequently played OK:confused:. On starting the same video with madvr there is a noticible lipsync issue (audio in advance of video), that does not appear with EVR, but can be resolved with a skip forward.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    So to summarize :

With madVR :
    1- Slow channel change or not blackscreen between ZAP.
    2- Lipsync

With EVR :
    All seems good (no regression).

So testing with watchdog first option, what happen ? (no external plugin involved like OV).

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yep does the delay is happening on normal and exclusive mode ?

With exclusive mode it has random stops during playback but remains working for first playback, non-exclusive only once without errors as well so not sure why it isn't working right here after first playback :(
    With Hyperion the timing is more critical though as it's over network and we clear the priority where there's no effect set by AtmoLight so if a new frame happens to arrive shortly after that it will stay on as opposed to AtmoWin which internally disables it capture mode completely.

Best guess is that the frames stack up because of the delay and get processed later on no effect.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep does the delay is happening on normal and exclusive mode ?

With exclusive mode it has random stops during playback but remains working for first playback, non-exclusive only once without errors as well so not sure why it isn't working right here after first playback :(
    With Hyperion the timing is more critical though as it's over network and we clear the priority where there's no effect set by AtmoLight so if a new frame happens to arrive shortly after that it will stay on as opposed to AtmoWin which internally disables it capture mode completely.

Best guess is that the frames stack up because of the delay and get processed later on no effect.

Does the new bin change something ?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/madvr-support-in-mp1.133972/page-55#post-1183762

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just change the code to see if it reduce the delay :)

Seems a bit smoother but still a noticeable delay and leds stay on afterwards, it's almost as if there's a fixed delay sometimes.
    Are you using the madVR getScreenshot method that Tourettes mentioned or getting it directly off renderer like with EVR?

Does the new bin change something ?

Yep with latest core and dshow helper.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey :)
    I'm grabbing the backbuffer from the D3D device.
    Where Tourettes talk about getScreenshot ?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Can you make it so that it grabs it at a specific size (64x64) instead of the full resolution?
    Because I had to the same with HyperionScreenCap as otherwise the bitmaps would be fairly large to process / resize :)

Although with SlimDX I also grab the entire surface but maybe that one handles it more efficiently than madVR (not sure).

Last month or so in the madVR convo :) :

"Other than for screenshots, that is. You could use IBasicVideo::GetCurrentImage, but that's really *not* optimized for performance."

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So to summarize :

With madVR :
    1- Slow channel change or not blackscreen between ZAP.
    Not quite;) on channel change screen initially goes black for maybe 2-3 seconds then briefly <1sec. the screen displays a still from the channel I am switching from before actually playing the channel I have switched to.

2- Lipsync

Only in Online videos

So to summarize :With EVR :
    All seems good (no regression).
    Yes

So to summarize :confused:o testing with watchdog first option, what happen ? (no external plugin involved like OV).
    TV zapping just the same but not so slow.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Can you make it so that it grabs it at a specific size (64x64) instead of the full resolution?
    Because I had to the same with HyperionScreenCap as otherwise the bitmaps would be fairly large to process / resize :)

Although with SlimDX I also grab the entire surface but maybe that one handles it more efficiently than madVR (not sure).

Last month or so in the madVR convo :) :

"Other than for screenshots, that is. You could use IBasicVideo::GetCurrentImage, but that's really *not* optimized for performance."

Ah yes it was Madshi :)
    I'm not sure that i can do (64x64) on specific size :( and i'm pretty like explain madshi that we will run into performance issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom