[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (1 Viewer)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Just replicated another issue (no AtmoLight files involved). If I skip quickly through the videos mentioned above, I reliably trigger a MP crash. Will check with EVR. v57 used.

----
    UPDATE checked EVR fine.
    ----
    UPDATE 2 confirmed not related to refresh rate change
    also confirmed same issue on different set of files

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here's a fresh log from the last AtmoLight you gave yesterday (with AtmoDXUtil VS2013 in MP folder) and the core/dshowhelper with sme reverted code from your post above.

I agree it is faster fo zapping. Still I am not getting any AmtoLight though. I can see it connecting with remote AmbiBox API, and I've checked Ambibox is in MP Direct mode.

Any thoughts? The test is with GUI and TV/Videos live view mode. As you can see there are no errors during GUI, even though it should be showing something.

Can you test Atmowin with dummy ?
    Otherwise no clue :(

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Just replicated another issue (no AtmoLight files involved). If I skip quickly through the videos mentioned above, I reliably trigger a MP crash. Will check with EVR. v57 used.

----
    UPDATE checked EVR fine.
    ----

How do you skip quickly ? F8 key ? :)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England

----
    UPDATE checked EVR fine.
    ----

How do you skip quickly ? F8 key ? :)
    Erm, skip button on remote :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Sebastiii can add both options to AtmoLight or revert to the SlimDX-only approach if you want :) , let me know what you think is the best option.
    With SlimDX it's limited to 1 GPU and is external so not perfect but the latency is better with it.

With the increase in latency it's noticeable especially with Hyperion smoothing as it will miss the frames in between to make it accurate or get a bunch at once which are outdated.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    We will see :)
    I notice GPU memory growing up with recent latest (AtmoLight).
    So it seems that i solved it, i will update bin tomorrow :)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    HI every body,

I'm testing your work. With success with my poor Intel HD 400 graphic card that needed a lot of tweak.
    Regarding last LAV filters and MadVR soft, it is possible to open 3D Blue ray discs. I've some 3D ISO that play only 2D. I've tested the ISO converted to with MKW to real 3D file and plays fine (in 3D), but directly from ISO I can't.

Does any body know how to play 3D BD ISO with MadVr in 3D?

Thanks
    Alex
    Ps- up to now I use external player for BD 3D in 3D.

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    G'day Seb,

I'm loving the work you do on the feature. As I have an old Plasma that cannot handle 24p, I use it for the smooth motion feature to convert fps (an alternative to MPaudiorenderer except it keeps the audio quality).

Anyway I have noticed that the "blank screensaver (prevent burn-in)" on pause is not working during movie playback, haven't confirmed "Reduce framerate." Not a major issue but just thought I would give it a mention. If none can confirm this I'll post logs. I've tested various MadVR settings including exclusive and windowed modes.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom