Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    So to summarize :

With madVR :
    1- Slow channel change or not blackscreen between ZAP.
    Not quite;) on channel change screen initially goes black for maybe 2-3 seconds then briefly <1sec. the screen displays a still from the channel I am switching from before actually playing the channel I have switched to.

2- Lipsync

Only in Online videos

So to summarize :With EVR :
    All seems good (no regression).
    Yes

So to summarize :confused:o testing with watchdog first option, what happen ? (no external plugin involved like OV).
    TV zapping just the same but not so slow.

Could you try this one ?
    I have reverted some code.
    Thanks.

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    v57: only tried some zap cutout with it,
    Screenshot (27).png
    it appears independent of the used skin ;)

reverted code seem to zap nice again (only tried on client), but that highlight border in guide is missing somehow.
    sightless fun :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Reverted code is zapping very nicely(y), quick and straight from one channel to the other, no flashing (to black and old channel).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    With V57 I don't get those errors however AtmoLight will only work once so we probably need to bugfix where we grab the surface :) , also noticed a variable delay (100-500ms) compared to our earlier method with the hook (AtmoLight_V25 beta) but not sure if that is madVR settings related or that it can't supply the surface fast enough.

Yep does the delay is happening on normal and exclusive mode ?
    The new code executed is done maybe too late, we surely can change that but i didn't test it.
    On my dummy testing, it seems to works correctly.

1- AtmoWin start (MP Start) and stop on (MP close)
    2- Each start of video / TV etc. display led in Atmowin dummy device and display black on stop.

So i suppose that it's ok :)

Quoting myself with more information from an expert :)

It might be related to the madVR internal frame buffering for ex the delay changes if the MP OSD is renderred.
    In such case madVR changes to low latency mode (worser for video rendering quality) so maybe for now is to ignore for now, it is not good for mad :D, the 0,5 seconds video frame and atmo frame sync is probably not doing anything good for the visuals, in theory the atmo should be early when compared to the image seen on the screen.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Ok, latest I have is that I get the same issue regardless of where AtmoDXUtil is, though if i remove it the error shows that it can't be found. GUI reports no error but doesn't show live view. TV shows the exception above.

And Without the plugin, does it works correctly ?
    So by using watchdog first option :)
    TV always worked since you gave the full installer. Sorry I was getting a bit worn out by this time yesterday :) It was just that no lights lit up :(

I'm going to take a look at the latest stuff and will report back.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Here's a fresh log from the last AtmoLight you gave yesterday (with AtmoDXUtil VS2013 in MP folder) and the core/dshowhelper with sme reverted code from your post above.

I agree it is faster fo zapping. Still I am not getting any AmtoLight though. I can see it connecting with remote AmbiBox API, and I've checked Ambibox is in MP Direct mode.

Any thoughts? The test is with GUI and TV/Videos live view mode. As you can see there are no errors during GUI, even though it should be showing something.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    A new experience now. I started a list of videos using 'play all' on a directory (my iSpy footage). After about 10 videos, the screen went black. I then tried other videos and they showed black only too. I then went to TV guide and selected a channel and got the strange low res image and audio. If I get time I'll check GPU-Z as it looks like the old problem back.

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom