[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (3 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's when going to suspend when something is played LiveTV / Video etc. if we do suspend, the stop call is done on the resume which is not good because it tries to release filter already lost.
    Just to clarify when you say suspend do you mean sleep/standby, with something actually playing?
    Is this in 1.20 final because I may be seeing something similar very intermittently on my HTPC when putting it to sleep but from the home screen, not with something playing.:unsure:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Joe :)
    Yes (my English lol), it's sleep/standby yep.

Edit: When it's playing, the call stop is done later in the process and in fact, it was done on the resume.

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes (my English lol), it's sleep/standby yep.
    Does it also work for hibernation? I get the impression that hibernation is not a common choice for standby mode, so probably only a few people use it. But my Dell motherboard does not work properly when sleep is used with my TBS tuners, so hibernation is the only practical choice.

To avoid problems waking the system and restarting MP, my "hibernation monitor" invokes an AutoHotKey script to send the STOP command and then exit MP (if I forget to close MP before hibernating the system).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have noticed that when DRR kick on stop and on suspend hibernate, madVR is not released correctly and freeze at least on my HTPC.
    It seems that setting the DRR differently fix this, I will upload a new build asap :p

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Doubt about this: madVR has its own refresh rate change feature, so MP DRR should be deactivated as stated in config guide... so I don't understand your last fix... ¿?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep the fix is related when using madVR and when using the madVR refresh rate.

I didn't made regression testing when using internal MP refresh rate.

Thanks for the input :)

Tapatalk

grabi_2001

Portal Pro
    May 8, 2009
    in den Alpen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So when now switching from MadVR Video, to TV EVR, it no longer uses the internal MadVR switch in 50 Hz, but stays at 24 Hz.
    Sorry, but why always this bad improvement, which is then buggy.
    It worked wonderfully.... with V485.
    It doesn't work with the internal DRR.

Greetings
    Dirk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom