MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Hot news: madVR .18 is out today.

v0.90.18:
    * added new deringing algorithm
    * added dering key shortcut and file name tag ("dering(ing)=on/off/half/full")
    * fixed: upscaling refinement wasn't always active when doing supersampling
    * fixed: Jinc upscaling was replaced by Lanczos3 when upscaling in only X or Y
    * fixed: some graphical corruption when combining NNEDI3 + SSIM2D + Anti-Bloat
    * fixed: image was too bright with linear light down- and sigmoidal upscaling
    * fixed: sometimes HDR SMPTE 2086 metadata got lost

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

v0.90.18:
    @kenwonders Good news, but do you know if the madvr settings are retained through an uninstall/install or is there a means to save/reapply them?:unsure: After having spent much time optimising the madvr settings for my rig over the last week I don't want to loose them.:eek:

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England

v0.90.18:
    @kenwonders Good news, but do you know if the madvr settings are retained through an uninstall/install or is there a means to save/reapply them?:unsure: After having spent much time optimising the madvr settings for my rig over the last week I don't want to loose them.:eek:
    It's all in the settings.bin file which is not part of the release. I did:

-kill madHcCtrl.exe process
    -copy madVR dir to madVR.v17
    -overwrite madVR dir with v18
    -run madHcCtrl.exe and uncheck the box on the warning

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Well holy macaroni, V58 + AtmoLight 1.81 pre-release is proving hard to break right now. Hope I'm not being too forward but I did just hammer it:

- AtmoLight working where it should be
    - 4:3 bug NOT PRESENT so far
    - Zapping and starting TV/video really quick.
    - Yesterday stats 15ms max today 13.5ms max SD (NNEDI3 64 doubling)
    - Yesterday stats 5ms max today 4ms max HD (just Lancos4AR chroma)

What voodoo have you guys done? (y)(y)(y)

Yep it seems to works a little better on my side too, we need to debug D3D stuff because some HR return value are weird, need to setup Win7 old env for this so it seems :)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Well holy macaroni, V58 + AtmoLight 1.81 pre-release is proving hard to break right now. Hope I'm not being too forward but I did just hammer it:

- AtmoLight working where it should be
    - 4:3 bug NOT PRESENT so far
    - Zapping and starting TV/video really quick.
    - Yesterday stats 15ms max today 13.5ms max SD (NNEDI3 64 doubling)
    - Yesterday stats 5ms max today 4ms max HD (just Lancos4AR chroma)

What voodoo have you guys done? (y)(y)(y)
    Yep it seems to works a little better on my side too, we need to debug D3D stuff because some HR return value are weird, need to setup Win7 old env for this so it seems :)
    Update, still no major issues reported (bar something on the iSpy plugin that isn't relevant here). It is working fine with madVR .18 too. What have I tested:
    - Numerous TV start/stop and zapping
    - Videos of different shapes and sizes
    - Jumping from TV to Videos while still playing and reversed
    - Minor issue seen unknown cause: DVD wrong aspect ratio and really jerky despite madVR thinking all is well
    - Minor issue probably my config: Still some differences in AtmoLight delay between media
    - Problem showing in logs: Some issues with Heartbeat and other processes having issues, but not having noticeable affect on user experience.
    - Still issue with fast skipping on video list. Known issue.

Brilliant stuff Seb (y)(y) It's getting better all the time.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry but V58 looks like it has gone a couple of steps backward:(. Short zapping test looks OK but 3D video playback only works once, i.e. after MP restart select 3D vid and play ok, stop and it returns to menu, select another or even the same vid again, click OK, nothing happens and MP is hung, must close with Task Manager. Also big problem with OV, plays but just a tiny window in the upper left corner and unable to stop or get any response from the remote, must close with Task Manager. Sorry no logs, this was just a quick test but since it did not look good I had to go back to V57 with reverted core for weekend viewing,

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Sorry but V58 looks like it has gone a couple of steps backward:(. Short zapping test looks OK but 3D video playback only works once, i.e. after MP restart select 3D vid and play ok, stop and it returns to menu, select another or even the same vid again, click OK, nothing happens and MP is hung, must close with Task Manager. Also big problem with OV, plays but just a tiny window in the upper left corner and unable to stop or get any response from the remote, must close with Task Manager. Sorry no logs, this was just a quick test but since it did not look good I had to go back to V57 with reverted core for weekend viewing,

Regarding 3D problem, thaws also happening to me, to avoid I've activated the option "Restore Os Stereo 3D settings whim media player is closed" in Stereo 3D.
    I wait about 15 seconds and I can see a TV blink to the release of 3D mode. After that, I can play back 3D content again.

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    tried v58 on singleseat, quickly get some problems
    opening the guide directly while playing tv isnt working properly anymore only able open it from the tv menu with old bug see sceenshot
    problem is only with default hd skin, titan seems not affected

and tried v58 on client with igpu, still dropped frames until i change the tuner like before
    client@igpu.zip log - drops until i zap to rtl

Attachments

• Screenshot (32).png
      Screenshot (32).png
      923.6 KB
    Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Too bad, we need log to try to fix issues lol :)
    Given that the problem seems to be reproducible (alexdepalma above) hopefully you won't need a log from me.;) I am pretty sure this is a new problem cause my test criteria for new versions and madvr settings is to start and stop a 3D vid at least 3 times in sucession and it suceeded on the last version. I do have the "Restore OS Stereo 3D etc" setting checked but have never tried waiting the 15 secs suggested above, never needed to previously.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom