[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (4 Viewers)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I just had a full on crash with v59. Hadn't had anything like this before the change so I'll revert to .58 and see if it returns. Must have it right for Eurovision later :) (family will kill me if it goes wrong!)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I just had a full on crash with v59. Hadn't had anything like this before the change so I'll revert to .58 and see if it returns. Must have it right for Eurovision later :) (family will kill me if it goes wrong!)

It crash on LAV VIdeo, it can be many thing (and MP cause too) but it can be DXVA etc or even new madVR.
    Code:
    Problem signature: P1: MediaPortal.exe P2: 1.14.0.0 P3: 57355e7e P4: LAVVideo.ax

It's hard to debug this because we run into some timing issue because all is threaded. Now sure if we really be able to make it works really good lol.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    h
    yep evr works, damn u mean tv guide :LOL:

edit: that one i can reproduce on other clients with default hd skin
    it acts like the guide osd gets opend in the backround of the video presentation if i want to open it directly
    the screenshot with misplacement from old post is from what comes out if i open programm guide on the tv main menu

Let's try with DefauldHD :)

So from i have understand some skin files can tell to use Overlay or not and this permit to set video windows but not always, i didn't fully understand it with the mess of MP1 spaguetti code but will try to reproduce to try to understand it :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Further with V58 the problem is not confined to 3D vids, same with HD vid from Moving Pictures, plays once then MP hangs both madvr and EVR, see first log attached. :eek:Second log is the same problem after installing V59 core. Third log is same as second but with watchdog option 1.

Try with directsound if it works (just for testing), i get the same issue sometimes with MPAR (so surely something maybe wrong when release Audio Renderer).
    If you let MP running while the freeze, it will unfreeze after the default directshow delay, i have already try to reduce this with no luck.

It's not a solution but just to confirm that it's the same bug i can trigger sometimes but more often with fast video switching in a playlist.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    So from i have understand some skin files can tell to use Overlay or not and this permit to set video windows but not always, i didn't fully understand it with the mess of MP1 spaguetti code but will try to reproduce to try to understand it :)
    I can vouch for that. I have the source here, and a career in this area, but I am no help :([DOUBLEPOST=1463242739][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It crash on LAV VIdeo, it can be many thing (and MP cause too) but it can be DXVA etc or even new madVR.
    Code:
    Problem signature: P1: MediaPortal.exe P2: 1.14.0.0 P3: 57355e7e P4: LAVVideo.ax
    Strange. I had great success with 58 yesterday/last night that it would be a rare one for LAV/madVR.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Try with directsound if it works (just for testing), i get the same issue sometimes with MPAR (so surely something maybe wrong when release Audio Renderer).
    If you let MP running while the freeze, it will unfreeze after the default directshow delay, i have already try to reduce this with no luck.

It's not a solution but just to confirm that it's the same bug i can trigger sometimes but more often with fast video switching in a playlist.

I have reverted back to V57 for the evening viewing I will try again after that if its not too late. If I can't do it then, very sorry but leaving early tomorrow and will be away for a week.;)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Just found another issue. I mentioned before that the heartbeat thread seems to go bad:
    [2016-05-14 17:00:36,387] [Error ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - TVHome: Error occured in on loading : Object reference not set to an instance of an object., st at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
    at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
    at TvPlugin.TVHome.OnLoaded()
    at TvPlugin.TVHome.RemoteControl_OnRemotingConnected()
    at TvControl.RemoteControl.InvokeEvents()
    at TvControl.RemoteControl.RefreshRemotingConnectionStatus()
    at TvControl.RemoteControl.get_Instance()
    at TvPlugin.TVHome.HeartBeatTransmitter()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

I beieve it's causing an issue at the server, in that the timeshift files are not clearing. I eventually fill my timeshift disk (a ramdisk on the server) and can't play any more TV.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Bin V60, i change it back :
    DirectShowUtil.ReleaseComObject
    to
    DirectShowUtil.FinalReleaseComObject

Let's see if it's better for you @joecrow :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Just found another issue. I mentioned before that the heartbeat thread seems to go bad:
    [2016-05-14 17:00:36,387] [Error ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - TVHome: Error occured in on loading : Object reference not set to an instance of an object., st at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
    at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
    at TvPlugin.TVHome.OnLoaded()
    at TvPlugin.TVHome.RemoteControl_OnRemotingConnected()
    at TvControl.RemoteControl.InvokeEvents()
    at TvControl.RemoteControl.RefreshRemotingConnectionStatus()
    at TvControl.RemoteControl.get_Instance()
    at TvPlugin.TVHome.HeartBeatTransmitter()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

I beieve it's causing an issue at the server, in that the timeshift files are not clearing. I eventually fill my timeshift disk (a ramdisk on the server) and can't play any more TV.

It should not cause error on timeshift :) more on load channel on client

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    It should not cause error on timeshift :) more on load channel on client
    There's no visible effect when this error occurs, though I am just relating it to teh issue with little proof ;)

I just spent a little time skipping channels while watching the timeshift dir, and even in EVR mode, the change from DVBS to DVBT and back leaves orphaned timeshift files. I just tried updating server with the .58 version but no change. Not sure when this started. Occasionally, quitting MP clears those files, sometimes not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom