Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Guys,

i have a strange problem since a few days i guess using the madvr version.... whenever i try to play a bluray disc from an iso file mounted with daemon tools sounds plays well but no picture shows up... the screen just stays black.
    Do you have any suggestions in regards to this ? If any log is needed please let me know :)

Just recognized using MP in windowed is working fine

Thanks in advance

Log always if you can reproduce it with watchdog (first option) :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

That happened after TV viewing on. It seems to work properly and suddenly after changing TV channel to a HD one, started to view a lot of artefacts, stutter and finally that situation is extended to all HD tv channels. When stoping with Stop remote button, it crashed.

MadVr logs are obtained when crashing, and before closing MP.

As far as I remember I have a fixed amount of memory on motherboard BIOS to 512Mb.

I was playing MP with watchdog first option.

Thanks will analyse it with help of madshi too :)
    So you can reproduce it quick and easy, right now i don't, i hope i will able to trigger it :)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

That happened after TV viewing on. It seems to work properly and suddenly after changing TV channel to a HD one, started to view a lot of artefacts, stutter and finally that situation is extended to all HD tv channels. When stoping with Stop remote button, it crashed.

MadVr logs are obtained when crashing, and before closing MP.

As far as I remember I have a fixed amount of memory on motherboard BIOS to 512Mb.

I was playing MP with watchdog first option.

Thanks will analyse it with help of madshi too :)
    So you can reproduce it quick and easy, right now i don't, i hope i will able to trigger it :)

Yes
    I think I can reproduce it.

After restart computer I select a TV SD channel from TV Guide. Then change to HD TV channel with remote button Channel + and the HD channel will start with extreme rendering time. If I leave TV Chanel on it may go up to 256 Ms rendering with stutter and a lot of dropped frames. I change several times to HD channels and when pressing the stop button on remote, MP crash on returning to TV Guide. Some times... not always...

Edit: the longer I keep the TV Chanel tuned, the more probable crash on return to stop.

Last edited:

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Guys,

i have a strange problem since a few days i guess using the madvr version.... whenever i try to play a bluray disc from an iso file mounted with daemon tools sounds plays well but no picture shows up... the screen just stays black.
    Do you have any suggestions in regards to this ? If any log is needed please let me know :)

Just recognized using MP in windowed is working fine

Thanks in advance

Log always if you can reproduce it with watchdog (first option) :)

Hi Sebastiii,

here are my logfiles ....unfortunately i could not use Watchdog because it started MP without movingpictures beeing available...
    Please let me know if these are the correct logs.

Btw. am i right atmolight should be working now ? Somehow it does not for me despite upgrading to the newest atmolight version available supporting MadVR...

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Btw. am i right atmolight should be working now ? Somehow it does not for me despite upgrading to the newest atmolight version available supporting MadVR...

There's a new test version for direct / native capture (attached) and the official 1.18.0.0 release offers a non-native approach out of the box which has limitations (single monitor / more resources), native one is what we hope to get working without bugs and will be the preferred option then.
    Also for native capture I'm getting mixed results depending on the madVR version and Mediaportal build for it but just let me know how it goes :)

For both native and non-native capture you need to disable exclusive mode in the madVR settings for those to work properly.

Attachments

• AtmoLight_1.17.9.0_TESTING_V9.mpe1
      581.4 KB

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Rick164,

i will try that version as soon as i am home this afternoon :)
    I am using the newest MadVR version v0.90.19 since yesterday.. but i am always receiving "Connection to Atmowin lost" whole starting MP so i might have an additional issue as well.
    Anyway it was working fine using EVR before...maybe i ll have to switch back to EVR for testing once.

@Sebastiii i recognized that my 3D mkv`s are behaving the same way as bluray iso... sound is there picture is missing. Normal .mkv's or .ts seems to be working fine.

Another one: it seems like it has to do whith using fullscreen mode because if i start MP in Fullscreen mode, start the movie and go back to "minimized" picture (dont know if it is called that way) using ESC picture is back suddenly...

Last edited:

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Think i might have figured out the "black screen" issue already. As i am not so familiar with all of the options in madvr i have set chroma upscaling to NNEDI3 (256 neurons). This options is used while playing blurays and seems to be to high for my system. So going back to 32 Neurons and tadaaaa.. picture is there (y) So it was probably my own fault. I will have to get more familiar with all of these settings these days.
    chroma.PNG

Might be a little bit OT but as i am getting a 4K Oled TV would you use madvr for upscaling or let the TV do this? Picture will have to be upscaled anyway if i am right? (sorry if this is too OT)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Depends on the TV but most are bad at upscaling, tried Sony Bravia recently and LG before that but 1080P all looked worse on than it did on a native 1080P screen which was the reason I went back to the W855B and will wait until 4K tech gets better or has more content.
    So would let madVR handle the upscaling if you can offload it by the GPU or have enough resources because you have more algorithm choices which your TV lacks due to its limited hardware or just poor implementation.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Tried V67 but get a crashing MP when trying to start a video. Again, only tested via VNC-Remote (no audio renderer attached). Watchdog-logs attached.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Tested Build 66 + V67 bins with IPTV and some Recordings and it works already very nice! :) Maybe could be considered for MP 1.16 pre release!

Only issue I noticed so far is when you switch to window mode (Alt+Enter). Sometimes the video freezes (sound is still okay) but MP doesn't respond anymore and you have to kill it via taskmanager.

Thanks for all the work! Pretty huge feature! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom