[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (8 Viewers)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Well I must admit.

I made the test with DXVA2 (copy-back) option in LAV and I couldn't trigger any crash.
    My test consist in play 3D MVC MKV video. Change language several times, pass next chapters, pause, play, change subtitles from language and forced ones. stop video, pick-up a new video and so on.

In between I played TV HD and SD channels with success.

Only once, changing chapters, the video stopped by it self but no crash.

Now I need to find what's wrong in my system... :confused:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @alexdepalma : thanks :)
    Yep that not an easy part to find the source (and more if random) lol
    Still maybe now you can disable and re-enable each plugin to try to find the culprit one (if it's really a plugin).

V62 should be better (it is on my side) but i have add on own build a different loadskin loading, i really didn't have an error in log now but that's something i need to test more.

About the present queue, when i use build release/debug (so from GIT source) it's OK no present queue at 2 on start.
    On default installation it seems something tell MP that we are in UI mode.
    To resolve the issue, we just need to display context menu (resume dialog / TV channel list) and then it's OK.

When playing a video and we display context menu, you will see that UI trigger present queue to 2 but in this case it's normal, now it's why on default MP start it's happening and not with default stock plugins.

So i have try watchdog (first option) that disable all plugins except stock one and it happen, so for now no real clue lol.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I forgot one thing.

In version V62, all subtitles are disabled. none of them presented.
    I can change between them but no text is presented.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I will retry, but i remember fixing something that subtitle (even selected) doesn't display anything on start but after select it again, the subtitle should be displayed :)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Seb,

I think I have to take back the dvd-playback issue I found.

I was also having a non responsive PC as in not listening to WOL Magic Package. I've had this for some time already. Now I got fed up and I updated INF files and LAN drivers of the MoBo hardware.
    Turns out after doing that, the dvd in question here, does NOT show the dropped frames anymore. Judder is gone now.
    So my current conclusion is I had a bad driver. (WOL issue is also fixed as bonus :) )

If I get the issue or other issues, I will report. But to be brief on current functionality, I havent perfect playback so far. No issue anymore what so ever.

Great!!!
    Oh man, I tried to do the same. New BIOS, a few updated drivers, but no effect for me.

I can however play the DVD with madVR in MPC-HC without issue.

Visible things I can see are that the decoder queue (max 16) jumps to 278 :) The present queue goes to zero, and all is jerky.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I forgot one thing.

In version V62, all subtitles are disabled. none of them presented.
    I can change between them but no text is presented.

Thanks for finding this regression, i can confirm that i have broken it :)
    But i just see why :) so next bin will have it fixed :p

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Good news :)
    Subtitle is working and it seems that i have found why present queue start with 2, it's because TvCropsetting register the UI Dialog when loading the xml but this is wrong because it act like a dialog window is displayed but it's not lol :)

and like it was related to TV, when testing on GIT source, i didn't compil the TV dll etc. so this is why i wasn't able to reproduce it there :p

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Good news :)
    Subtitle is working and it seems that i have found why present queue start with 2, it's because TvCropsetting register the UI Dialog when loading the xml but this is wrong because it act like a dialog window is displayed but it's not lol :)

and like it was related to TV, when testing on GIT source, i didn't compil the TV dll etc. so this is why i wasn't able to reproduce it there :p
    As we've said a few times in this thread. Seb, you're doing awesome keep it up (y)(y)(y)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    awesome version, big thx seb :):):)
    queue works, subs works, zaps nice, ov works.......simply awesome (y)(y)(y)

Screenshot (26).png

edit:
    only one little redesign spotted ;) (default hd seems unaffected)
    Screenshot (21).png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom