[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (4 Viewers)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    That pic is showing a good scale isn't it? Where are the bars and how big?
    Hmmm, something went a bit wrong in Paint I guess, will try and get a better picture, but wide black bars on all 4 sides of the picture which is central.
    Are you sure that's not just monitor underscan?

The pic shows madVR scaling 720x480 up to 1920x1080 cleanly, so there could either be black bars in the content, or your monitor is not pixel mapping anymore? Some graphics cards (AMD?) keep under/overscan settings linked to refresh rates.

Sorry if I'm underselling the problem joe :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    V75 full installation in first post :)

HI! what ever you did, in conjunction with madvr .20, all my SD to HD channels change problems on IPTV are solved.

ATM, problems gone!:)

It's surely the same root of issue from @kenwonders when changing channel from the same TV Card, the video resolution wasn't always updated so now when a change happen it does :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Back from my travels and into testing mode.:) Just installed V75 with latest LAV and madvr 20. Using madvr I have a problem with the TV picture not full screen (black borders) and does not react to a setting changes in the OSD, see screenshot. OK with EVR. Still troubleshooting and same problem with madvr 17, will update if I find anything. 3D and OV seem to be working well.
    View attachment 179137

Update:- Some 1280x720p video content is also not scalled to full screen, HD looks OK so far, can't pin down a common factor yet.

I can't reproduce it, maybe the upgrade didn't go correctly, it can happen sometimes, can you try again the installer ?
    Tvplugin.dll and Common.GUIPlugins.dll are related to OSD on screen change for ex, look the date just to be sure they are updated correctly :)
    upload_2016-5-23_13-40-19.png

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

The pic shows madVR scaling 720x480 up to 1920x1080 cleanly, so there could either be black bars in the content, or your monitor is not pixel mapping anymore? Some graphics cards (AMD?) keep under/overscan settings linked to refresh rates.

The problem is that the entire desktop is being resized, presumably in conjunction with the madvr refresh rate changer, never had that before,:eek: which is why the screen shot does not show the problem, Paint just displays the desktop. I will reset AMD control center and Win 10 settings and retry.;)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England

The problem is that the entire desktop is being resized, presumably in conjunction with the madvr refresh rate changer, never had that before,:eek: which is why the screen shot does not show the problem, Paint just displays the desktop. I will reset AMD control center and Win 10 settings and retry.;)
    I used to have to select each refresh rate used, then set the under/overscan setting for it, or I would get what you're seeing on AMD :)

EDIT maybe post your madVR refresh rate list?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I used to have to select each refresh rate used, then set the under/overscan setting for it, or I would get what you're seeing on AMD :)

EDIT maybe post your madVR refresh rate list?
    I know what you mean but in this case the picture/desktop is about half size centered in the screen, i.e. well beyond any under/overscan adjustment, which anyway is already set at max the same setting as when normal. No apparent problems using the MP refresh changer with madvr, it is all very weird. I think I will do a system restore, to prove that all is actually working, then try an upgrade again:unsure:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom