[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (3 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, restored to the previous version I was using (V57 with revererted core), also to madvr17 and LAV 68.0 and no problems everything plays fine at full screen. Upgraded madvr to v20 and LAV to 68.1 also all OK:). Reinstalled V75 and small size desktop problem returned, no changes made to madvr, LAV or settings:(. Reinstalled V57 and reverted core and all works again.
    It certainly looks like something significant has changed between v57 and V75 (sorry I have no interim versions to test) which given it is not being seen by others, may be specific to amd graphics cards(n), the updates to madvr and LAV don't seem to be causing the problem.
    Not sure what else I can do, all suggestions welcome.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    V75 is working very well with me on HD 1080p, 3D MVC MKV and SD and HD TV channels, so lets go for next. what about 4K?

I've a collection of 4K demos. All of them play fine downscaled to 1080p with EVR and LAV but when I try to play in MadVr, MP crash:cautious:
    here LAV DXVA set to copy-back. (was my preferred setting up to now).

Last edited:

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Playing H264 4k can be done in Lav setting DXVA2 (native) sometimes crash some times no.
    Here crashed on H265 playback after playing 2 H264 videos.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Alex do you have a video anywhere online I could test that does this on yours? I'm happy to try out a 4k vid but I've not got any here. I'll check out my 1 H265 vid though it's just 1080p[DOUBLEPOST=1464020769][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh yeah just remembered another bug. With a madVR video playing minimised or paused, MP should put a black screen after 3 mins if configured. It seems to either be sending a blue screen, or that is my amp telling me the geforce is no longer sending a signal. Anyone else tested this? On EVR it just goes black as it should.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Alex do you have a video anywhere online I could test that does this on yours? I'm happy to try out a 4k vid but I've not got any here. I'll check out my 1 H265 vid though it's just 1080p
    Yes! here you have
    H264
    http://demo-uhd3d.com/fiche.php?cat=uhd&id=120
    Same page there are several more

This one is H265 as far as I remember
    http://4ksamples.com/elysium-2013-2160p-1-minute-sample-footage/

So you can try all.

They are demos. You have some with really high bit rate, HRD and so...
    My computer is only HDMI 1.4a so can't try without downscale the image. I'm waiting for HDMI 2.0a graphics card. :(

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Update on my fullscreen problem, now resolved:). I did an uninstall and reinstall of the graphics card driver package, not an update (I'm running the latest legacy driver) and to my amazement the problem is goneo_O. Whatever the problem was it only got exposed with V75 but now all is looking good for me.(y)
    Testing continues, thanks
    Joe

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Travelbugs :LOL:

btw. windows key + print for lazy screenshot

I think it can be possible to adapt current print screen under MP for madVR, i already put some code for testing, i didn't keep it but i know that it can be done :)

I just added it and it seems to works, the code change is in MP.exe so need a full build so will upload that but surely not today (will see lol)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    All working well with the last builds however noticed one new bug in UI dialogs (be it while playing or idle):

- Opening an UI action (MP-TVseries / Moving pictures etc..) which shows a "Yes / No" dialog will only have the buttons visible but not the text related to it (transparency seems gone as well), so basically can't see what you're accepting in the dialog :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Update on my fullscreen problem, now resolved:). I did an uninstall and reinstall of the graphics card driver package, not an update (I'm running the latest legacy driver) and to my amazement the problem is goneo_O. Whatever the problem was it only got exposed with V75 but now all is looking good for me.(y)
    Testing continues, thanks
    Joe

So you can't reproduce it :) if it happen again, we can try something different on madvr c++ (dshowhelper) for sure something trigger a resolution screen change but it's weird lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom