[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (4 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    All working well with the last builds however noticed one new bug in UI dialogs (be it while playing or idle):

- Opening an UI action (MP-TVseries / Moving pictures etc..) which shows a "Yes / No" dialog will only have the buttons show but not the text related to it (transparency seems gone as well), so basically can't see what you're accepting in the dialog :)

Seems related to topbar2 and OSD, maybe we should be to the old code lol.
    Will try to reproduce it :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Playing H264 4k can be done in Lav setting DXVA2 (native) sometimes crash some times no.
    Here crashed on H265 playback after playing 2 H264 videos.

It crash in LAVVideo.ax :
    Code:
     tipo 1 Nombre de evento: APPCRASH Respuesta: No disponible Identificador de archivo CAB: 0  Firma del problema: P1: MediaPortal.exe P2: 1.14.0.0 P3: 57422ada P4: LAVVideo.ax P5: 0.68.1.0 P6: 572b1ded P7: c0000005 P8: 00088207 P9:  P10:   Archivos adjuntos: C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\WER8493.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml  Es posible que estos archivos estén disponibles aquÃ: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_MediaPortal.exe_52baa792292df850e830ceafec92cea04d68807d_0cffe3b7_02bba77d  SÃmbolo de análisis:  Nueva búsqueda de una solución: 0 Identificador de informe: 68fdcc4b-1eef-46dd-97bf-251f31112abf Estado del informe: 0 Depósito con algoritmo hash: 68542de7290417566fd38af69c7d385c";"1001"

But in EVR it's working right ? from your previous log you said yes and i can confirm it crash also on LAVVideo.ax.

Does the first play works and it crash randomly on few next (the second or later) ?

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Alex do you have a video anywhere online I could test that does this on yours? I'm happy to try out a 4k vid but I've not got any here. I'll check out my 1 H265 vid though it's just 1080p
    Yes! here you have
    H264
    http://demo-uhd3d.com/fiche.php?cat=uhd&id=120
    Same page there are several more

This one is H265 as far as I remember
    http://4ksamples.com/elysium-2013-2160p-1-minute-sample-footage/

So you can try all.

They are demos. You have some with really high bit rate, HRD and so...
    My computer is only HDMI 1.4a so can't try without downscale the image. I'm waiting for HDMI 2.0a graphics card. :(
    Incidentally I have the reverse situation with a HDMI 2 card, want to swap TVs? :)
    Some tests:

Star Wars trailor (2160p H264):
    MP result: Worked well after a little madVR reconfig (jerky with DXVA strangly but smooth with SoftCubic downscaling). Third run attempt however crashed MP during playback. I cleared logs, and after a few attempts MP crashed at starting the video. I have attached logs if they're of interest.
    MPC-HC result (same madVR profile in use, lav 68.1 configured external): Worked well with profile above, but was using less resources.

Elysium trailor (2160p H265):
    MP result: Worked but was so slow it was worse than a slideshow, MP returned to a broken GUI after.
    MPC-HC: Worked perfectly.

HDR Sony demo (2160p H265 HDR):
    MP result: Slowly went white, jerky, then crashed MP/madVR after 10 seconds
    MPC-HC: Slowly went white and too was jerky .

The first two I think are a concern, the HDR video likely suffers what the other ones do, but has the added pain of HDR load on top.

Seb, what do you think? (apart from '$^^#!##%$!')

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    All working well with the last builds however noticed one new bug in UI dialogs (be it while playing or idle):

- Opening an UI action (MP-TVseries / Moving pictures etc..) which shows a "Yes / No" dialog will only have the buttons visible but not the text related to it (transparency seems gone as well), so basically can't see what you're accepting in the dialog :)

Do you have an example ? (screenshot maybe)
    I didn't find a way to trigger Yes/No (except when resuming a video) (I just try with TVS)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Alex do you have a video anywhere online I could test that does this on yours? I'm happy to try out a 4k vid but I've not got any here. I'll check out my 1 H265 vid though it's just 1080p
    Yes! here you have
    H264
    http://demo-uhd3d.com/fiche.php?cat=uhd&id=120
    Same page there are several more

This one is H265 as far as I remember
    http://4ksamples.com/elysium-2013-2160p-1-minute-sample-footage/

So you can try all.

They are demos. You have some with really high bit rate, HRD and so...
    My computer is only HDMI 1.4a so can't try without downscale the image. I'm waiting for HDMI 2.0a graphics card. :(
    Incidentally I have the reverse situation with a HDMI 2 card, want to swap TVs? :)
    Some tests:

Star Wars trailor (2160p H264):
    MP result: Worked well after a little madVR reconfig (jerky with DXVA strangly but smooth with SoftCubic downscaling). Third run attempt however crashed MP during playback. I cleared logs, and after a few attempts MP crashed at starting the video. I have attached logs if they're of interest.
    MPC-HC result (same madVR profile in use, lav 68.1 configured external): Worked well with profile above, but was using less resources.

Elysium trailor (2160p H265):
    MP result: Worked but was so slow it was worse than a slideshow, MP returned to a broken GUI after.
    MPC-HC: Worked perfectly.

HDR Sony demo (2160p H265 HDR):
    MP result: Slowly went white, jerky, then crashed MP/madVR after 10 seconds
    MPC-HC: Slowly went white and too was jerky .

The first two I think are a concern, the HDR video likely suffers what the other ones do, but has the added pain of HDR load on top.

I can build a version that doesn't trigger OSDServices, it mean no MP OSD, but it should act like MPC-HC because all OSD stuff will not take GPU RAM etc. wanna try ? :)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England

- Opening an UI action (MP-TVseries / Moving pictures etc..) which shows a "Yes / No" dialog will only have the buttons visible but not the text related to it (transparency seems gone as well), so basically can't see what you're accepting in the dialog :)

Do you have an example ? (screenshot maybe)
    I didn't find a way to trigger Yes/No (except when resuming a video) (I just try with TVS)
    I'm seeing 'Do you want to stop timeshifting' yes/no box ok, but I wasn't a version or two ago.. EDIT: Can't remember if play/stop or yes/no sorry.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464024958][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I can build a version that doesn't trigger OSDServices, it mean no MP OSD, but it should act like MPC-HC because all OSD stuff will not take GPU RAM etc. wanna try ? :)
    Sure, happy to play :)

Last edited:

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England

It crash on LAV Video too :) but why :)
    Will the LAV debug symbols help? I can run madVR in debug mode too. So if a gui free version works we should be able to compare :)[DOUBLEPOST=1464026151][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Oh yeah just remembered another bug. With a madVR video playing minimised or paused, MP should put a black screen after 3 mins if configured. It seems to either be sending a blue screen, or that is my amp telling me the geforce is no longer sending a signal. Anyone else tested this? On EVR it just goes black as it should.
    Ignore this I'm an idiot who hadn't checked power settings :(

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Seems to crash too here :) always in LAV Video but not in MPC-HC :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom