[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (5 Viewers)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Interesting with V75. No more crash, but getting "unable to play" both on LiveTV and videos. Logs attached.

EDIT: But with madVR latest release v0.90.20 it works!!! Wow...

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Interesting with V75. No more crash, but getting "unable to play" both on LiveTV and videos. Logs attached.

EDIT: But with madVR latest release v0.90.20 it works!!! Wow...

Yes in C++ i have add a check to avoid a crash so it seems good (but you can't play) but the check is about loading the filter, that's strange it was like it wasn't register, really weird because it was working with other player.

Or maybe madshi fix something on register with .20 :p

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Let's try the 2Gb :)

Edit : Screenshot F11 should works with this bin :) (even in Exclusive mode)

Wel, no crash but...

I've been playing the Elysium video several times. It start fine, but few seconds after, commences to suffer stutter and show frame losses. Playback is not fluent but never crashed.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can't reproduce the UI dialog issue consistently :( , it's almost like the dialogs gets detached from the actually code at some point and not filled properly (affects other dialogs like below as well)
    For instance if I call it like so it should fill it with category items and a header called "Category items":

Code:
      CategoryList.Clear();
      CategoryList = _Db.ReadCategories();

_dialogIsOpen = true;
      var dlg = (GUIDialogMenu) GUIWindowManager.GetWindow((int) Window.WINDOW_DIALOG_MENU);
      dlg.Reset();
      dlg.SetHeading("Category items");
      dlg.Add(new GUIListItem("ALL"));

char[] charSeparator = {';'};
      var hashSet = new HashSet<string>();

foreach (var item in CategoryList)
      {
      var locationSplit = item.Location.Split(charSeparator);

foreach (var location in locationSplit)
      {
      hashSet.Add(location);
      }

dlg.Add(new GUIListItem(item.Name));
      }

dlg.SelectedLabel = 0;
      dlg.DoModal(GUIWindowManager.ActiveWindow);

if (dlg.SelectedLabel >= 0)
      {
      LoadCategories(dlg.SelectedLabelText);
      }
      _dialogIsOpen = false;

However currently it shows it like below with the default values of the StreamedMP skin while with 1.14 / 1.15 pre-release it displays it with the header and category items consisently, with this extension it needs a server component to function but can make a modded AudioSwitcher version if you want which has the same dialog functions for testing :)

View attachment 179159

Can you try the attached file ? :)

I have try to render all layer and it seems OK and present queue only decrease when OSD is displayed.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Wel, no crash but...

I've been playing the Elysium video several times. It start fine, but few seconds after, commences to suffer stutter and show frame losses. Playback is not fluent but never crashed.

Yep me too, CPU usage is 100% on my side on my i7 3770k, madVR take more CPU than EVR under MP.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England

Wel, no crash but...

Yep me too, CPU usage is 100% on my side on my i7 3770k, madVR take more CPU than EVR under MP.
    Same. No crash now. Would love it if you still want to try the GUI less playback version @Sebastiii I think I can see strange things affecting response time even when playback is not choppy.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

This mod has greatly increase stability of 4k videos inside Mediaportal with EVR too.

Really good job @Sebastiii

I've been checking all my 4K videos. No crash. and all H264 4k play perfect. H265 depending on video, go fluid, some times small jumps (EVR talking) much better than before.

As far as I remember Intel HD4000 no HW support for H265/ HEVC so probably those video problems are not related to Mediaportal and they are hardware related.

We need somebody with hardware HEVC H265 grapfics card to try.

Last edited:

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I have a channel zap hang report, with a madvr debug log and freeze report. Was also running with LAV debug symbols, but no idea what that might give us :) The madVR log is huge hence added into the MP log zip. Sorry it's still large but didn't know what to take out.

It took a long time to replicate with the debug madvr, so maybe that helps :). Also, it happened between two channels on same card (not in log example though).

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

01-36-19.png
    works like a charm (y)

01-56-25.png
    mr pool is @ 4k hevc :sneaky:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom