Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Wel, no crash but...

I've been playing the Elysium video several times. It start fine, but few seconds after, commences to suffer stutter and show frame losses. Playback is not fluent but never crashed.

Yep me too, CPU usage is 100% on my side on my i7 3770k, madVR take more CPU than EVR under MP.
    Same. No crash now. Would love it if you still want to try the GUI less playback version @Sebastiii I think I can see strange things affecting response time even when playback is not choppy.

For testing :) No OSD callback to see if it use less CPU for ex etc. :D

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have a channel zap hang report, with a madvr debug log and freeze report. Was also running with LAV debug symbols, but no idea what that might give us :) The madVR log is huge hence added into the MP log zip. Sorry it's still large but didn't know what to take out.

It took a long time to replicate with the debug madvr, so maybe that helps :). Also, it happened between two channels on same card (not in log example though).

Yep this freeze is also related when set OSDService to NULL, we really need to know how to fix it, from Madshi, it surely because all is maybe not release correctly (from C++ and/or C# side).
    I have looked again the code and it seems ok but i surely missed something lol

@Owlsroost are you able to look it too to see if you spot something ?
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...ters/DirectShowHelper/source/MadPresenter.cpp
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...lters/DirectShowHelper/source/dshowhelper.cpp
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi.../DirectShowHelper/source/MadSubtitleProxy.cpp

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    By the way from a non-developers view: is there a chance to add a fallback video renderer? e.g. if madVR fails, use EVR?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    By the way from a non-developers view: is there a chance to add a fallback video renderer? e.g. if madVR fails, use EVR?

Nope :(
    Or maybe possibility in the future to select the renderer from the config but it will add more code lol.

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am kind of "silently" testing MadVR MP at the moment (was the one thing i was waiting for ;) )... so if something special needs to be tested i am glad to help if i can (system is a dedicated HTPC i5/Nvidia GT425m). I also have atmowin and Seduboard /Atmolight installed but its not working for me with the madvr version as it was before with EVR...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom