[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (5 Viewers)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Ok, triggered a crash after playing around between LiveTV and Videos with V75.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am kind of "silently" testing MadVR MP at the moment (was the one thing i was waiting for ;) )... so if something special needs to be tested i am glad to help if i can (system is a dedicated HTPC i5/Nvidia GT425m). I also have atmowin and Seduboard /Atmolight installed but its not working for me with the madvr version as it was before with EVR...

It depends on the madVR and AtmoLight version you're using, we have the improved native capture solution in development for AtmoLight which so far seems bug free with both EVR and madVR so can try it out (see attachment) :)
    Make sure to disable madVR exclusive mode for both native and non-native (AtmoLight 1.18.*) capture in madVRs own settings as otherwise it will not work well.

Attachments

• AtmoLight_1.17.9.0_V14.mpe1
      581.3 KB

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    V77 in first post :)

regresion on 4K HEVC H265 videos?

they crash always now.
    tested with LAV on Intel Quicksync, then Copy-back and finally Native.

all crash:(
    That's amusing, v76/7 actually causes them not to crash for me :)

Quick test betwen MP no gui and MPC: Seems the GUI isn't causing the perf issue as it's still there.

Star Wars on MP: Av 5.3ms, Max mostly around 6ms, but occasional jumps to 15ms+
    Star Wars on MPC-HC: Av 5ms, Max remains always around 6ms, only jump once up to about 8ms.

EDIT: The guide button still works, but shows in black, is the callback definately gone?

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

regresion on 4K HEVC H265 videos?

they crash always now.
    tested with LAV on Intel Quicksync, then Copy-back and finally Native.

all crash:(
    That's amusing, v76/7 actually causes them not to crash for me :)

Quick test betwen MP no gui and MPC: Seems the GUI isn't causing the perf issue as it's still there.

Star Wars on MP: Av 5.3ms, Max mostly around 6ms, but occasional jumps to 15ms+
    Star Wars on MPC-HC: Av 5ms, Max remains always around 6ms, only jump once up to about 8ms.

Yes H264 is working on mine also. but H265 HEVC now crashes and yesterday was fine

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Tested V77 on my HTPC and I got a black screen when starting TV (video files do work) and only sound. I can stop TV and got back to MP, so no crash.

Logs attached.

There seems to be a problem with TVGuide too. Attached two screenshots with madVR build and standard MP builds.

Attachments

• TVGuide_madVR_MP.jpg
      TVGuide_madVR_MP.jpg
      987.3 KB
    • TVGuide_standardMP.jpg
      TVGuide_standardMP.jpg
      1.1 MB

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    There seems to be a problem with TVGuide too. Attached two screenshots with madVR build and standard MP builds.
    Same here. Looks a bit different since the version seb mentioned as big TVGuide rework...

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Here is a channel change crash
    I was on Whatchdog first option.

I don't remember any crash on V75 due to channel change and yesterday I experienced some of them while testing 4k content.
    So IMO in my setup appeared yesterday.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok, triggered a crash after playing around between LiveTV and Videos with V75.

It seems to crash on :) maybe you could try V77, what did you use ffdshow ?
    P1: MediaPortal.exe P2: 1.14.0.0 P3: 57422ada P4: ffdshow.ax

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom