• Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    V77 in first post :)

regresion on 4K HEVC H265 videos?

they crash always now.
    tested with LAV on Intel Quicksync, then Copy-back and finally Native.

all crash:(
    That's amusing, v76/7 actually causes them not to crash for me :)

Quick test betwen MP no gui and MPC: Seems the GUI isn't causing the perf issue as it's still there.

Star Wars on MP: Av 5.3ms, Max mostly around 6ms, but occasional jumps to 15ms+
    Star Wars on MPC-HC: Av 5ms, Max remains always around 6ms, only jump once up to about 8ms.

EDIT: The guide button still works, but shows in black, is the callback definately gone?

Not sure to understand your question lol :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    There seems to be a problem with TVGuide too. Attached two screenshots with madVR build and standard MP builds.
    Same here. Looks a bit different since the version seb mentioned as big TVGuide rework...

Yep, there is a change to not render overlay button for TVGuide -> it fix the flicker but introduce strange display, i can put it back original code but it will flicker too after that :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Here is a channel change crash
    I was on Whatchdog first option.

I don't remember any crash on V75 due to channel change and yesterday I experienced some of them while testing 4k content.
    So IMO in my setup appeared yesterday.

So previous crash was related to LAVVideo.ax (too bad, it seems random) and last one no clue :(

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Tested V77 on my HTPC and I got a black screen when starting TV (video files do work) and only sound. I can stop TV and got back to MP, so no crash.

Logs attached.

There seems to be a problem with TVGuide too. Attached two screenshots with madVR build and standard MP builds.

No clue too, i notice that :
    [2016-05-24 11:47:23,297] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - overlay: AR type : Stretch
    instead of normal, maybe it's because of it but i'm not sure :(

In fact the graph builded looks weird :

[2016-05-24 11:47:23,199] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: Video Renderer
    [2016-05-24 11:47:23,200] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: MediaPortal DVBSub3
    [2016-05-24 11:47:23,200] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: madVR
    [2016-05-24 11:47:23,200] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: Default DirectSound Device
    [2016-05-24 11:47:23,200] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: Color Space Converter
    [2016-05-24 11:47:23,200] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: ffdshow Audio Decoder
    [2016-05-24 11:47:23,201] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD12)
    [2016-05-24 11:47:23,201] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: TsReader

2 renderer / cyberlink / ffdshow audio etc. better to stick with LAV :)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    regresion on 4K HEVC H265 videos?

they crash always now.
    tested with LAV on Intel Quicksync, then Copy-back and finally Native.

all crash:(
    That's amusing, v76/7 actually causes them not to crash for me :)

Quick test betwen MP no gui and MPC: Seems the GUI isn't causing the perf issue as it's still there.

Star Wars on MP: Av 5.3ms, Max mostly around 6ms, but occasional jumps to 15ms+
    Star Wars on MPC-HC: Av 5ms, Max remains always around 6ms, only jump once up to about 8ms.

EDIT: The guide button still works, but shows in black, is the callback definately gone?

Not sure to understand your question lol :)
    Sorry Seb, I am unintentionally cryptic sometimes :)

I was asking why the guide would show in black if madVR didn't have a means to have the gui interact with it... but if course I guess I'm misunderstanding the technicalities.

As in, the behaviour is still worse in MP than MPC (performancewise), but this is more info for team MP than something that is my concern :)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Wahh, found it. Had still from old times ffdshow raw video filter as postprocessing. Thanks seb for the pointer. Disabled now and will see how it goes.

EDIT: Maybe a underlying problem: madVR with other postprocessing? Maybe anyone can test if it crashes more often when having a postprocessor activated? If so, madVR setting as video renderer should disable other postprocessing?!?

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Here is a channel change crash
    I was on Whatchdog first option.

I don't remember any crash on V75 due to channel change and yesterday I experienced some of them while testing 4k content.
    So IMO in my setup appeared yesterday.

So previous crash was related to LAVVideo.ax (too bad, it seems random) and last one no clue :(

Very strange. V75 with 2gb core I had no crash with Tv and videos. V77 is same V75 but including the files 2bg + something else?
    yesterday for my setup was surprisingly stable, really stable!

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    There is something additional to add in V77.

I'm experiencing problems on channel change,
    most of the times, when passing from HD to SD, I lost deinterlace. If I go to te SD channel directly, then its fine.

We have lost some of the improvements introduced in V75. regarding channel change...:confused:

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    played with v75 and no_osd_dshowhelper a bit:
    it dont makes a significant difference, very few rendertime performance differences - it only uses a bit less cpu,gpu.
    around max 5-15% less usage @ ~50 Mbps material (hoped for muchmore).

v77 tv zap acts strange here too, v75 +2gb no problems so far:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom