[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (11 Viewers)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Ok, forget what I did write before. Checked it via vnc (please bear in mind if issues might be related):

1. Videos play fine
    2. Blackscreen on all live TV. But I do see the MadVR-Stats with CTRL-J

Logs attached. Any idea?

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Here's a log. I ran MP, started C4 HD, then watched for a minute. I pressed stop on the remote, confirmed the prompt, then the screen went black and unresponsive.

I waited for about 1 min, then pressed Ctrl/Alt/Del to try and get control. The lock menu appeared, I selected the 'Task Manager' option. At this point MP 'unfroze' showing a working guide, suggesting my interaction with the lock screen had affected the outcome.

This was with the madVR setting 'flush' after last render step instead of the default 'flush and wait'. Didn't seem to have any change in success.[DOUBLEPOST=1458748650][/DOUBLEPOST]Beaten by the The_Stig!

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    More testing with above config.... I am getting inconsistent results. Seems to work for minutes with multiple stops, then occasionally hangs.

sunfire7

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Mexico Mexico
    Wow!! this was surely a surprise... can't wait to try it! Thx to sebastii Tourettes and madshi

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    More testing with above config.... I am getting inconsistent results. Seems to work for minutes with multiple stops, then occasionally hangs.

When it hang, are you sure it deadlock (really freezed) or you can run the video again (even with blackscreen), you need to act like if you have the GUI so you need to know MP1 like a master :)
    So to confirm, it really freeze, can you try to switch with ALT++ENTER (full to window or window to full), be doing that the skin engine is reset and i'm pretty sure the GUI will be back, if not it's really a deadlock and MP is freezed and you have to kill it.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Have gone back to 1.14 pre for today as family home in a minute. I had 'stop' issues even in EVR as someone else has reported. Should get time later/tomorrow to check

EDIT: Just remembered I did some tests where I had madVR stats up. When video stopped, the stats flashed but didn't go away. Not sure about alt/enter but the remote didn't work, enter on the remote should have started a new timeshift if I was at the guide.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep it's weird, i have none regression while setting EVR, it act like actual 1.14Pre, so maybe i forgot to port something or maybe i can't reproduce it on my rig lol

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    So to confirm, it really freeze, can you try to switch with ALT++ENTER (full to window or window to full), be doing that the skin engine is reset and i'm pretty sure the GUI will be back, if not it's really a deadlock and MP is freezed and you have to kill it.

The GUI is not really freeze. ALT+ENTER resolves the GUI issue.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    2. Blackscreen on all live TV.
    My guess (90+% confident) is that this error is the reason for that:
    [2016-03-23 14:52:54,839] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - DirectshowUtil. Failed to add filter:Default DirectSound Device to graph :Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80040256 mscorlib bei System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.BindMoniker(IMoniker pmk, UInt32 grfOpt, Guid& iidResult, Object& ppvResult)
    bei System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.BindToMoniker(String monikerName)
    bei DShowNET.Helper.DirectShowUtil.AddAudioRendererToGraph(IGraphBuilder graphBuilder, String strFilterName, Boolean setAsReferenceClock)

The error indicates that at the time of testing your system had no audio output/renderer. Without an audio output, TV cannot work (because the audio path is critical for timing).

So, IMHO that problem has nothing to do with MadVR. I'd expect the same issues with standard versions of MP.

P.S. Thanks for the log files.
    @ everybody
    You can see that even though people may have the same symptoms, the cause may be personal/different. That's why I recommend each person provide their own log files.

P.P.S. I see that videos do play even without an audio output. The difference in behaviour between videos and TV is the splitter. It seems that the LAVF splitter can handle playback without an audio path; AFAIK our TsReader cannot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom