• Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    The error indicates that at the time of testing your system had no audio output/renderer. Without an audio output, TV cannot work (because the audio path is critical for timing).
    Thanks! Will try again with receiver switched on when at home. This is why I added this note that I was only on vnc when testing!

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    So, IMHO that problem has nothing to do with MadVR. I'd expect the same issues with standard versions of MP.
    As always, you were totally right! Worked with local access and receiver turned on. MP looses focus and Ambilight not working as reported here tho. And I have quite a lot dropped frames, but this is only a settings question in MadVR. Maybe I have to upgrade my onboard HD4000...

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Awesome that this is being worked on! Can't really test specific builds since I use the Custom Data Grabber ones but hopefully it'll be stable enough to move to the master branch soon.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Sebastii, sadly it had issues on my setup.

First run, I went to the guide, fired up BBC1 and it worked. I pressed the guide button and MP went unresponsive. I had to ctrl/alt/del to recover.

The second attempt, for logging purposes, went a little different. I went into TV guide as before, ran up BBC1 as before. When I pressed the guided button this time, it showed, all was fine. I changed channels a few times then during one, MP had a full on windows crash.

Please find log attached. Don't give up!

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok that's not cool lol.
    Could you try movies or series (not TV) to see if it does the same ?
    Thanks.

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi seb,

... had to ctrl/alt/del to recover.

same tv experience^^ here, after that i have tested some movies :sneaky:
    files seem to open and play fine until i press the stop button -> blacksreen with winerror mepotask unresponsive, damn.

ps. old version and madvr settings on nearly default +D3D11 fullscreen windowed works pretty good here on a nvidia

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Finally got round to giving this a try, (the latest V2) but ran into big problems. When I tried TV in regular mode it inially played ok but on channel change I got audio with a b lack screen, a 3D mkv played but not in 3D and MP crashed on stop.The attached log was generated using option 1 of the watchdog, it covers an attempt to run a 3D .mkv(mvc), the video played but not in 3D and MP again crashed whjen I hit stop. I will check out the madvr settings and can try again tomorrow if you have any suggestions. Question:- I currently have Lav 0.67 installed and it was not updated with the new MP test install, I thought 0.68 was required?

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I would have thought that although awesome (and something I'd like too), 3d is another development step on from getting normal 2d to work in madVR. Any LAV would work in 2d but yeah I think you need to update it for 3d. I use the 'nightly' builds and they are surprisingly solid.

Sebastii I have more testing time tomorrow. If you have any specific requests just PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom