[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (7 Viewers)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have tried the V285 and V286 and the volume's OSD slide doesn't work anymore in videos and TV

Under Mediaportal configuration -> Codecs and Renderer -> which Audio renderer do you have select for Video Codecs and TV Codecs?

And under Mediaportal configuration -> General -> Volume Settings -> is it set to Master Volume or Wave?

As for 1.16 there are some mild changes to volume handling, afaik shouldn't break anything as we tested against EVR but maybe something unique for madVR or error during merge :)

microfast

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Under Mediaportal configuration -> Codecs and Renderer -> which Audio renderer do you have select for Video Codecs and TV Codecs?

And under Mediaportal configuration -> General -> Volume Settings -> is it set to Master Volume or Wave?

As for 1.16 there are some mild changes to volume handling, afaik shouldn't break anything as we tested against EVR but maybe something unique for madVR or error during merge :)

It is master volume, exactly like was set with the V281 where the osd worked perfectly.

Note that the audio level always does go up and down, I am only speaking of the volume osd that is disappeared in v285 and v286

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    v286
    Something very stange last night.:eek: From shortly after 21:30 through to about 22:00 it seemed like my remote stopped working properly, despite seeing the led flash on the receiver, zapping was not working consistently and/or channel changed without the OSD displaying, also stop did not work (had to press back then stop was OK) same also with OLV (stop that is). A recording was running at the time (will check this evening to see if that was OK) and Showtimes update is scheduled to start at 21:30, never had a problem before though and recording is typical for me in this time frame. Logs attached.
    P.S. I have often seen the volume slider go missing for a short while, often in OLV but has always come back for me after a change of plugin/video etc. For me that is not new in v286.:p BUT as reported earlier my weather info has gone permantly missing, similar maybe?:unsure:

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It is master volume, exactly like was set with the V281 where the osd worked perfectly.

Note that the audio level always does go up and down, I am only speaking of the volume osd that is disappeared in v285 and v286

Best to post your Mediaportal.log and Mediaportal-error.log when this happens :) , also anyone else that can reproduce this bug?

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i can reproduce easily. the missing volume osd and no weather lite osd anymore with defHD skin...
    although the volume still change, the (ugly)osd is missing somehow and i also have the feeling that it was displayed the first time i tried it:p

old:
    old-version.jpg
    ...old version i used for compairing was --MP-Setup_1.15.100-864-gd437aa12017-01-08-23-33

v286-Madvr:
    new-v286.jpg
    purified?:LOL:

v286-EVR :
    new-v286_evr.jpg
    volume osd seems ok but the weather lite stuff is still missing

ohh and seb,
    belated all the best :)

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Sebastiii could this be skin related or perhaps a recent change in Window Dialog class?

Code wise the volume handler changes from 1.16 (current master) should be renderer independent so unlikely that's the cause :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Surely related to loadskin method and the reinit done later :)
    Will try to reproduce and/or provide a bin without this chnage but it will surely break the @GeYe issue.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here we go :)

So it seems that this one doesn't break Volume OSD (and maybe more) and seems ok about @GeYe bug but need to confirm that :)

Attachments

• Core_V287.zip
      1.1 MB

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok tested v286 :cry::sleep:

- Resize after standby from 1080p to 4k is working. (y)
    - Error for missing file after playing madvr content is not showing up. (y)
    - AMD fixed h264 Bug in Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.2.1 Release Notes (y) . Das Erste HD is now playing fine on my htpc.
    - While playing tv with madvr and going back in in main/home screen it needs 5s till it switches from black screen to showing gui. Not a big problem, but just that it is reported. :rolleyes:

In productive use i saw some crashes (green screen) and short errors in video as reported in older posts. Hope this now also fixed with the new drivers.

P.S. Funny fact. I saw the 1/4 screen problem also in kodi :LOL:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom