Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)
    No it shouldn't reset settings :p
    Installer based on post is more recent, i will supply a new installer in first post based on madVR V420 (V416 is on fist post) and other one in post are V420 + WIP Intel issue etc.
    Also V416 to V420 has more fix for madVR than 1.19 Pre release, but i have plan to merge those for 1.19 Final but need you guys for regression testing :p

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No it shouldn't reset settings :p
    I think the question and problem is, that after installing one of the recent V1-x versions from your posts, if you attempt to run an "installer" version it will only allow you to do a "Fresh" install, which looses the setup, not an upgrade. Not too much of a problem if you have a backup but even then you loose the skin setup. I seem to remember there is a workarround by going to the deploy folder, but can't remember how.:rolleyes:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks for confirming this, yes installing the separate installer from deploy folder will do the upgrade :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    About the deploy folder, it's here : %temp%\MediaPortal Installation\deploy and we can execute both files :)

upload_2018-1-6_20-18-15.png

Freuli

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    Hi Sebastiii,

v14 is running perfectly. Both starting MP with AVR on and off is working perfectly. Logs are attached.
    You made a good job!
    If you make an installer with v14, I can test deeper in use.

Regards
    Markus

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_v14 AVR (off) on off.zip
      130.2 KB
    • MediaPortalLogs_v14 AVR (on) off on.zip
      129.3 KB

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have made a "test" using the latest installer you posted yesterday and i had 2 complete freezes of (BSD) of the computer while watching and on stop..unfortunately the error logs are empty so i am not quite sure if it was due to MP that the PC crashed. I have attached the logs anyway. I will do a full cleanup and reinstall :)

Attachments

• log.zip
      44.1 KB
    Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi @rohnfe :(
    Can you run watchdog to collect logs ?
    Will able to look at the event windows app/system logs maybe it will lead the root of BSD :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Guys :)
    I will upload the V422 installer in first post and added explanation to proceed to an upgrade if it didn't go with full installer :p
    This one is based on future 1.19 Final (and based on previous V14 WIP build) :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom