[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (8 Viewers)

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    In my setup, madvr works perfectly with tv. The only thing i can't use it in FSE neither for tv or videos. But i don't see limitations using windowed, i still have 10bit output and HDR working.
    Another thing is lav dx11 working perfectly but if you use it in exclusive mode you lost deinterlace , that with tv channels is mandatory. So dx11 cb is ok on my setup.

(remains that random blackscreen when i video starts, but when it happens family can't let me take logs :( , but will come a day when I'll grab the logs )

grabi_2001

Portal Pro
    May 8, 2009
    in den Alpen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Sebastiii,
    Thank you, have a little fever, coughing, etc.
    And I'm bored :) Here are the logs from 1.9 and 1.2 pre, maybe they say something. As I said 1.9 and 471 work .... without problems.
    I once again this morning installed the 1.20 pre, tried everything, settings MadVR, reinstalling Nvidia, MadVR ... Settings MP ... does not really go around.
    Error messages MadVR, video still or does not start ... etc.
    On the hardware, it certainly can not lie, which is completely new ... Windows completely reinstalled .... MP a fresh installation .....
    Maybe you see a mistake, otherwise I wait until there is a new version.

greetings
    Dirk

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs1.20_27_06_18__10_36.zip
      386.7 KB
    • MediaPortalLogs1.90_27_06_18__11_53.zip
      185.9 KB

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hello, long time no see, hope everyone's doing fine. (y)

I've found a bug: when aspect ratio switches from 16:9 to 4:3 during playback (like in european SDTV), the 4:3 image is not displayed in the center of the view because MP keeps instructing madVR to 'align left top'.
    This does not happen when starting playback directly from a position where it's already in 4:3, in this case MP does not tell madVR to align left top and the image is centered.
    This also does not happen in MPC-HC because it never instruct madVR to align left top even with 16:9, so if aspect ratios change during playback madVR keeps everything centered.
    This does not happen in MP with EVR either.

Please see attached screenshots for comparison.
    Note that this happens only with TV channels where the stream aspect ratio changes dynamically, so I guess it means only with SDTV, or with 1440x1080 HDTV (but I think that is not used much anymore, I know it was used in France on DVB-T in the beginnings), so here's a 30 second sample to make it easier to test: MP 1.20 madVR 16-9 to 4-3 sample.ts

Tested with MP 1.20 Release, LAV Filters 0.72.0, madVR 0.92.14.

It's just a minor annoyance to me because I schedule-record everything, but it forces to stop playback and restart it so for people who watch live TV it would be more annoying.

Thanks a lot to the devs if you can fix it! Take care. :)

MP 1.20 madVR 16-9 to 4-3 align left top.jpg MP 1.20 madVR play from current 16-9 centered.jpg

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)
    Thanks for the reports, I have to try to fix this and for now, no luck, the only fast way I have found is to go from video fullscreen off -> on (it will correctly reset the correct place and avoid to stop the stream).
    I have a hack idea it seems TsReader detect the aspect ratio change but not always and the idea is to trigger the fullscreen OFF to ON delayed to video mode.
    I did try it without delay but not always works.

Thanks again for the sample that trigger it correctly :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @el Filou :p
    For testing the hack delayed VideoWindow call :)

Last edited:

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hello @Sebastiii

Unfortunately that new core.dll doesn't work, but I've only kept the 30 sec. sample and not the full recording, so maybe it needs more time for the hack to work?

Exiting then going back to full screen indeed fixes the problem, so is cycling through the different 'zoom modes' until it's set to 'Normal' again, so there's a workaround to fix the bug without stopping playback, thank you for this. (y)
    However, I thought you were gonna fix it by removing that 'align left top' that is applied at the start of playback, is there no way to do that?
    Obviously I don't know much about the inner workings of MP and madVR interaction, but I don't understand why it is needed in the first place.
    You can see that when you change the view by exiting then going back to fullscreen, or by cycling through the zoom modes, MP is no longer using 'align left top' after that, so obviously madVR presentation works just fine without it. And as I said in my previous post, MPC-HC for example nevers uses it, and I don't really get why you would align a video to the left top corner anyway, especially in full screen viewing. o_O
    Is it possible to fix it that way? Maybe a default option is left for madVR to decide when MP starts playback and madVR decides to align left top by itself?

Here are two screenshots of madVR's OSD in MP to illustrate this. The first is right at the start of playback, and the second is after exiting then going back to fullscreen. We can see that 'align left top' is the only difference and I think that's the root cause of the issue.

MP madVR 16-9 SDTV playback start.png
    MP madVR 16-9 SDTV after exit fullscreen and back.png

Thanks for your help! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom