Matrix Orbital GX - Mediaportal 1.0.2 (1 Viewer)

JorisFRST

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    Thanks greybox,

My system is a dedicated mediaportal box, so I wouldn't mind the kill, well I don't even start up lcdinfo to be honest, so don't really need the kill. I already had drivercoresvc to be restarted after resume, then mediaportal to restart, as the drivercoresvc doesn't like hibernation.

Good work, first upgrade my test machine, then i'll probably just run the living room one in the beta version :)

Thanks alot chemelli !

milka

Portal Member
    July 14, 2008
    Home Country
    To anyone with one of the Matrix Orbital GX Typhoon LCDs, how are they going with Mediaportal? I've been looking at replacing the IRTrans VFD in my OrigenAE S16T due to it's lack of support for Win7 x64, and the GX Typhoon's seem to be the most capable and configurable of displays for the money.

If anyone has the Tricolor model, could they confirm for me if it's at all possible to configure the MiniDisplay plugin so that it's in "inverse" mode? ie. Mostly black screen with colored text? That would suit the S16T nicely, whereas a coloured background with black text really wouldnt! :)

Cheers,
    milka

Henry_MO

May 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    UGH, if ONLY i found this before I upgraded a few weeks ago... LOL, shame on me for not searching first... time to read and confirm my finding that I spent fiddling with... this post is before I finished reading the thread...

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Henry: could you be more specific: upgraded what? Fiddling with what? By the way, there is another problem with GX: if you leave it idle overnight (no MP plugin running, no LCDInfo running, GX shows Display is Ready, Waiting for Applications), the DriverCore service hangs, only works after manual service restart. Reported to MO about a year ago along with other issues in MO GX Beta forum, attempted to follow up quite a few times, no help from Matrix Orbital. :mad:

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The bug reported earlier (MiniDisplay: MatrixOrbital driver locks DVD/CD tray) is fixed, thank you, chemelli!

0002969: MiniDisplay: MatrixOrbital driver locks DVD/CD tray - MediaPortal Bugtracker

I also have an issue with the display: when I restart my PC, I always have the frozen Matrix Orbital logo unless I restart the drivercore service manually. I tried to address the issue with MO, but they are not very helpful. To fix this issue I just added the drivercore restart batch file into my startup group. Is this is a common problem, or just my system? If this is common issue, we may want to ask chemelli to add the command to automatically restart the drivercore service upon the plugin startup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom