Maya: Beta release 04-04-10 (Original Thread) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joostzilla

Re: AW: Maya: Beta release 06-02-10

i like the new list view too, but now the standard tv-plugin page is the only glossy-style page and therefore doesnt fit the whole new non-glossy design. will this page be changed, too?

nicx...

If you mean the tv home screen you are correct. There is a brand new concept for the tvhome screen in the works.
The dialogs and menus will remain with glossy buttons.

Hi,

Will this be optional?

Of course without actually trying it, I can't really comment, but my gut feeling is that I won't like this. More importantly, my wife won't like it! It would be nice to have the choice, since you've already done all the work of having a nicely skinned 'my tv'.

Best wishes,

Mark

What we really want to know is why you and your wife will most likely not like this concept.

Omen

Portal Pro
June 2, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Re: Maya: Beta release 06-02-10

personally joostzilla I don't like having to scroll left and right that often whilst in menus, pressing sideways once to bring it up in the first place is fine with me, but once i'm in a menu i like the buttons to all be in the same direction.

your menu looks like it'll be mostly ok, but personally i won't like having to press left and right to choose between powering off tv and record. esp when i miss click ok and shut down the tv instead of recording my show!

I think the idea is neat, and definitely a step in the right direction, but i record shows far more often than i power off tv mode with that button, having them close looks nice, but for usability i think the power button at the bottom of the mockup and i'd put a pause button beside record.

hjalleballe

Portal Member
May 7, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden

If you mean the tv home screen you are correct. There is a brand new concept for the tvhome screen in the works.

Wow! I have never seen any good looking tv home screen until now :eek:

Looks great! New Release soon? :D

J

joostzilla

personally joostzilla I don't like having to scroll left and right that often whilst in menus, pressing sideways once to bring it up in the first place is fine with me, but once i'm in a menu i like the buttons to all be in the same direction.

your menu looks like it'll be mostly ok, but personally i won't like having to press left and right to choose between powering off tv and record. esp when i miss click ok and shut down the tv instead of recording my show!

I think the idea is neat, and definitely a step in the right direction, but i record shows far more often than i power off tv mode with that button, having them close looks nice, but for usability i think the power button at the bottom of the mockup and i'd put a pause button beside record.

You have definitely a point. But... i have never ever used the record now button in tv home. I always use the one on my remote.
Btw it is not intended to bring the menu up when in fullscreen tv. It only shows when you choose live tv on the basichome (or if you start with fullscreen tv once you hit live tv again.)
This tvhome is merely a kind of hub for the sections of MP that involve tv and recordings etc.
On the recordings page there will be direct links to scheduler, current recordings etc.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Maya: Beta release 06-02-10

mhm i like more the old ones - they look smoother for me - the new ones are... don't know how to describe. Will they coexist? Or do they replace the old ones.

J

joostzilla

mhm i like more the old ones - they look smoother for me - the new ones are... don't know how to describe. Will they coexist? Or do they replace the old ones.

Where are you referring to?

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England

The problem with the current screens, although very usable, are they are exactly the same as every other skin out there.

I really like the mocked-up 'new' style and I think it is great that the Maya skin is taking a fresh look at how we come to expect certain sections to function. As with the current choice within the Maya Basic Home plugin, for the 'LiveTV' section, surely this could be made optional.

EDIT: Was just watching a new Family Guy episode (HD in 4:3) and no logo was showing for 720p. The skinsetting linw for 720 would be better as
    Code:
    skin\Maya\Media\Logos\video\720.png;-;<Episode.videoWidth>;-;=;-;1280;-;OR;-;<Episode.videoHeight>;-;=;-;720;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;
    to catch these instances.

Also, the Aspect Ratio logo are set for either 4:3 or 2.35:1 when it is more likely to be 16:9 I've set the skinsetting line for this to
    Code:
    skin\Maya\Media\Logos\aspectratio\1.85.png;-;<Episode.VideoAspectRatio>;-;>;-;1.6;-;AND;-;<Episode.VideoAspectRatio>;-;<;-;2.0;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;
    skin\Maya\Media\Logos\aspectratio\1.33.png;-;<Episode.VideoAspectRatio>;-;>;-;1.2;-;AND;-;<Episode.VideoAspectRatio>;-;<;-;1.5;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;

infernalshad

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Well...i didn't read the whole thread... 77 pages, lol!

But i have a problem with this skin... Weather and RSS is not shown on basic home...

after starting mp "live tv" is selected, if i press the "down" arrow on the keyboard or my hauppauge remote mediaportal crashes. "up" arrow is working fine!

if i press the "left" arrow, the three symbols on the left are shown (logoff,...) EVEN if there is a flyout menu.

if one of those 3 symbols is selected and i'm pressing "right" arrow again, no text is shown anymore, only the little white arrow, which is showing to the left side (which is indicating that there is a flyout menu)

How can i fix this?

Im using the latest stable of MediaPortal (not 1.1 beta).

greetz and thx,
    infernalshad

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Maya: Beta release 06-02-10

Where are you referring to?

uups sorry to the new menus you mentioned.

akiaki

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2008
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

I think it looks ok, I don't like the small space for what's on information but I guess it's not a big deal, but if you are going to keep it that small, why not move it to one side say right so you don't loose focus on what's happening on the TV?
    Most of the time action is in the center so why cover it if you have so much empty space.. Just a thought..
    Any screens for bigger mini epg with now/next? :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom