Maya for 4:3 Screen (1 Viewer)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm always looking for 4:3 skins as it looks like my getting a wide screen TV is a ways off. Need a new roof and replacement windows first. :mad:

Is this for MP 1.2 or still working with MP 1.1.2 /1.1.3? Hope it will be ready for the launch of MP 1.2 beta.

Can you post a few screen shots? Is MovingPictures, TVSeries, Last.FM and OnlineVideos supported?

:D

Chuck

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, this version is for 1.1.2 (and 1.1.3) and as it is downsized version of Maya I will not do any developement myself but just take the original files and transform them into a 4:3 aspect ratio. So it will not be ready for 1.2 beta, sorry about that. But if you wait a little I think I can come up with a working version.

I added two screenshots, but it's just Maya - in 4:3. The plugins you mentioned are not supported yet but of course I will support them in future, they are some kind of standard.

Attachments

• maya43-2.png
      maya43-2.png
      244.9 KB
    • maya43-1.png
      maya43-1.png
      283.6 KB

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Maya for 4:3 Screen

Looking good so far. The plugins I'd like to have (additional to the ones 2BitSculptor mentioned) are: FileExplorer, Streamradio (atm, I don't know if this is supported by 16:9-Maya) and maybe BrowseTheWeb.

I tried to edit some xml-files yesterday to support you (namely TVSeries- and MoPic-files) but as yet I couldn't come up with presentable results...

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you want to you could join the project on googlecode so that we can work together using subversion. Otherwise some work might be done twice and thrice.

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

As I said: I don't come along very well and I only have little spare time at the moment. But I could try FileExplorer which is maybe easier (didn't have a closer look yet). But we would have to clarify how wide the lists (big and small) should be as they all use the same graphics...

ncoH

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2007
    Hannover
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Maya for 4:3 Screen

Well, this version is for 1.1.2 (and 1.1.3) and as it is downsized version of Maya I will not do any developement myself but just take the original files and transform them into a 4:3 aspect ratio. So it will not be ready for 1.2 beta, sorry about that. But if you wait a little I think I can come up with a working version.

I added two screenshots, but it's just Maya - in 4:3. The plugins you mentioned are not supported yet but of course I will support them in future, they are some kind of standard.

Hi,

great that you doing a 4:3 version of the skin!
    At the screens it looks like the maya fonts are not installed...

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Funny, you were right! Once I installed Maya on this machine I felt like something about the fonts was wrong in comparison to my TV but I got used to it - now it looks alright with these thin Maya font letter. Thanks!

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Here are some files I made today/yesterday. FileExplorer should be ready by now.

Attachments

• Maya.rar
      36.4 KB

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You used my files from svn for your changes, didn't you? So I could just integrate them into svn?

Thank you anyway!

We should talk about some conventions for transforming.
    1. As you probably noticed I went for a resolution of 1024x768 (only x variable to be changed)
    2. I usually move everything -171 pixels in x direction [ (1366 - 1024)/2 ]
    3. For listviews I put the standard plugins like music, videos and pictures to the same format so you might tweak there if you need values.
    4. If things don't work with these transformations I try to just get it fitting the screen.

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Yes, I used your files from svn.

I will keep your points in mind then. What plugins do you work on at the moment? Just to avoid doubling...

And another question: does fanart (e.g. in home screens) work for you?

Users who are viewing this thread