Maya for 4:3 Screen (1 Viewer)

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
OK, I uploaded your files, thank you.

I am working on MovingPictures and TvSeries and then I will do LastFM and Onlinevideos, so that 2BitSculptor will be happy.

I just tried fanart and it doesn't work. Maybe it's due to the maya process plugin looking for the pictures in the wrong folder? Maybe ncoh can tell us more?

ncoH

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2007
    Hannover
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Maya for 4:3 Screen

OK, I uploaded your files, thank you.

I am working on MovingPictures and TvSeries and then I will do LastFM and Onlinevideos, so that 2BitSculptor will be happy.

I just tried fanart and it doesn't work. Maybe it's due to the maya process plugin looking for the pictures in the wrong folder? Maybe ncoh can tell us more?

Where do you have no fanart? In MovingPictures/TVSeries or on Basichome?

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Maya for 4:3 Screen

Did have a test with the original Maya and all Fanart work. So it should be related to the fact that not all files have been edited by now I guess (folder relation can be counted out because I tested both skins with the same folder name)...

Another thing: I forgot to upload a file for FileExplorer - see attachment...

EDIT: I've found the solution regarding fanart: When you edited the PNGs, you forgot the alpha channel (=transparency)... I guess you took the files and saved it in 1024*768, right? Then the attached graphics should work. The only thing that could maybe be changed is the vignette - the screens may look a little to dark now (not for me though - I like dark skins...)

Attachments

• File Explorer_textpreview.xml
      1.7 KB
    • Media.rar
      1.2 MB

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh, OK. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to just take Windows paint for that job... :D

Guess I've just got to install a good graphics program.

Added your files to svn, thanks!

ncoH

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2007
    Hannover
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Maya for 4:3 Screen

I can't see it on basic home, on this machine I don't have no MovPic or TVSeries so I can't tell.

forget to reply...:sorry:

I did a checkout of your files from google. Fanart is visible for me on BasicHome.

How is your skin folder named? The plugin only works if the skin folder called "Maya".

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Maya for 4:3 Screen

Something must have gone wrong with the dialogs: Yes-No- and Resume-dialog didn't work here. When I finally found the right xml files I found out that in each the No-control was missing... See attachment for the fixed files.

Attachments

• dialogYesNo.xml
      4.2 KB
    • dialogPlayStop.xml
      4.4 KB

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've started playing with converting the wide screen skin to 1080x768.

I began with TV Series because it seemed the most daunting. I resolved first issue of widescreen fanart fitting the 4:3 aspect by first making a mask to apply to the TV Series fanart directly (in the xml) to fade it to transparent on the top and bottom, so it will fit side to side and blend into the background behind the overlays as not to show the edges. The fanart is then sized in the fanart xml to 1080x608. ... it doesn't look awkward at all. I had to add a background.png behind the fanart to avoid the blank black base field.

I've also had to change the TV thumb in episode view to a 4:3, squeeze the Series/Season thumbs as well as the center list field over more to the left to make room for the description text on the right.

I spent most of the day on this... and still have a bit to finish in TV Series. There is really more to it than first meets the eye.

I also fit most of the Basic Home screen to4:3, again, more to do.

.... Wish me luck.

- Chuck

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Because I want to get the skin operational for my HTPC as soon as possible, I will approach the screens I use in day-to-day operation first.

I started working on Last.FM, I will tranfer the appropriate TVSeries layout changes over to Movies and other media screens later.

As a result of sizing the fanart space down to the width of the screen, keeping the aspect ratio (1080x602), and set the fanart images to keepaspectratio and be centered, I added a soft oval mask to the texture control, so odd shaped images from last.fm would blend in nicely. I also duplicated the basichome_fanart_overlay (at colordiffuse=60ffffff) on top of the fanart, replacing the previous overlay, as the fanart was displayed with some transparency from the mask and was too diminished with the Lyrics_overlay. I might create a more appropriate (less transparent) mask later.

now just gotta move all the stuff on top over to the middle of the screen.

- Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread