mce remote issues in windows 7 (1 Viewer)

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Good job figgering it out Lyxalig. On vista i didn't use that IRSS plugin. But now with the small change of 'localhost' --> 'computername' it makes my MCE remote come alive again! :)

For me remote come alive with ir-server, but everytime I start microsoft MCE program, I loose again stop, play, info buttons in Mediaportal. I need to restart ir server each time I use Microsoft MCE.
    I would like to use the remote with both programs at the same time. Any one knows a solution for Microsoft MCE program don´t make me loose control with mce remote and mediaportal???

smurf

Portal Member
    April 12, 2009
    I can't understand where I have to change from localhost to "MyPC"... Inside mediaportal or IRSS?

smurf

Portal Member
    April 12, 2009
    I found where change the value from localhost to "MyPC" (uneder mediaportal configuration, plugins, MP control Plugin for IR server under process plugins) but if I change localhost to another value it doen't accept the new one.

How can I change it?

Rehban

February 9, 2008
    I found if you run MP in Vista SP2 Compatability mode it works fine, without using IR Serv...

I'm sorry I was unable to confirm this as working correctly for me.

Has anyone found out a way to disable Windows 7 MCE from starting up in the background automatically when you press Music, Pictures, Videos, etc.?

Thanks

Earache

Portal Member
    September 11, 2008
    I found if you run MP in Vista SP2 Compatability mode it works fine, without using IR Serv...

I'm sorry I was unable to confirm this as working correctly for me.

Has anyone found out a way to disable Windows 7 MCE from starting up in the background automatically when you press Music, Pictures, Videos, etc.?

Thanks
    Everything works fine except for those functions.
    Back, Stop, Pause etc work using my method.

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    I'm assuming that this will make the remote not work with media center 7?

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    anyone got any other tips, still cant get it to work properly using ISS

EDIT:

Got MCE-remote to work!!

I struggled the whole evening with this, and noticed using ir server suite that the problem was not with the drivers, but with the communication between input service and the mediaportal plugin. I don't know if this is the reason why things didn't work from the start, but I noticed that Windows7 defaults to IPv6. when doing a ping to localhost , you get this:
    C:\Users\htpc>ping localhost

Pinging htpc-PC [::1] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from ::1: time<1ms

The first line says that my machines name is htpc-PC, So i tried pinging that:
    C:\Users\htpc>ping htpc-PC

Pinging htpc-PC [fe80::753c:936c:6af5:2590%12] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from fe80::753c:936c:6af5:2590%12: time<1ms

So I tried changig server from localhost to htpc-PC inside the MCE-Control plugin, and suddenly everything worked.

Setup:
    Windows 7
    MP 1 + Latest svn (15/02/09)
    IRSS Test Build 1.4.2.2627
    (Changed registrysettings as stated on "you don't need Replacement driver")

Hope that helps you guys enjoy 7 with remote.

This does infact work, every button i tried seems to produce the correct result

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom