mce remote issues in windows 7 (1 Viewer)

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
This doesn't seem to work for me anymore. I think the first time I tried it, it was alright, after that I have tried a bunch of times and no luck...

kleiner8

Portal Pro
September 4, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello Gentlemen,

same problem by me, but where can i find "MCE-Control plugin"?

kleiner

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
Is it possible to set up another kind of remote control to work (not MCE remote)? For example, those other remotes listed in the Remote section in mp config, could I set those up to work with a universal remote?

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    you could try intelliremote, i was using that before i saw the fix about localhost>computername, which works fine for me

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    happy, thanks for the reply

I installed intelliremote which looks promising, but no luck so far. Just so that I am 100% clear with IRSS, where do you enter your computer name exactly? When I did it the name change wouldn't seem to stick.

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Home Country
    happy, thanks for the reply

I installed intelliremote which looks promising, but no luck so far. Just so that I am 100% clear with IRSS, where do you enter your computer name exactly? When I did it the name change wouldn't seem to stick.

did you download the MP profile and use it

here a screenshot of were you change the details in ISS

Attachments

• 2009-06-03_092516.png
      2009-06-03_092516.png
      742.4 KB

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    Thanks for the reply happy,

Yes, I did download the MP profile for intelliremote and put it with the rest of the profiles and used it. I like how the box would pop up to signal what profile was being used. But still I had just the basics working like the arrows and enter.

Thank you for that screenshot, but I guess I had been doing it correctly already....

Maybe I am having some other problem.

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Home Country
    windows 7 uses double code method god knows why, in the mp profile you need to remap the buttons, so you know the drill map play then hit the play button etc. try that i had to map most of them but after that worked flawlessly.

saying that, i dont see why the ISS method isnt working for you....:confused:

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    Thank you once again for the reply happy,

I gave intelliremote another try, not realizing I had to remap the buttons. I am finally getting some good results here as it my remote works now. One problem with it is that I am getting double scrolling with the directional buttons (up, down and sides). These were the buttons that had originally only worked for me. Although the enter button doesn't seem to be doubling.

Anyways, I am glad to have some progress here, many thanks.

One more thing, off topic here but while I got your attention, I noticed you had the antec fusion case. I am wondering how your experience was with it and how well that sound dampening stuff you got for it worked. I just recently bought the same case and haven't put all the parts in it yet. I am just curious to see if I should pick some of that stuff up.

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Home Country
    Thank you once again for the reply happy,

I gave intelliremote another try, not realizing I had to remap the buttons. I am finally getting some good results here as it my remote works now. One problem with it is that I am getting double scrolling with the directional buttons (up, down and sides). These were the buttons that had originally only worked for me. Although the enter button doesn't seem to be doubling.

Anyways, I am glad to have some progress here, many thanks.

One more thing, off topic here but while I got your attention, I noticed you had the antec fusion case. I am wondering how your experience was with it and how well that sound dampening stuff you got for it worked. I just recently bought the same case and haven't put all the parts in it yet. I am just curious to see if I should pick some of that stuff up.

make sure, use mce remote isnt checked in mp config, i think that may be causing your double movements, also in the intelliremote config there is like a repeat delay setting extend it that may also fix you problem, glad to have helped

Antec case is awesome really is, the only reason for me to get that soundproofing is due to the fact my case sat virtually 30cms away from me and wining of HDD and fans got annoying, you may find depending on were you put it, you may not need soundproofing, but if you do go for the deluxe kit, there were a couple of panels that i had to miss coz i ran out of stuff

also the included fans, leave them on low, together they move a fair bit of air ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom