mce remote issues in windows 7 (1 Viewer)

LewZealand

Portal Member
June 5, 2009
Remote and Media Keys on Win 7 64-bit Still Not Working

Heya guys, I was referred to this tread so here goes.

My MCE remote isn't working correctly while running MP (arrows work but play, pause, stop, etc don't), but I've also found that my multimedia keyboard's media functions stop running when MP is running. I assume there is the same root cause problem, but I found it interesting that even the basic media keys weren't working.

Now, as for a fix, a few recommendations have been made here and it seems that the only confirmed working fix is editing a plugin config file and replacing a localhost reference with a machine name. I'd be interested in this fix, but it seems like a bunch of folks have asked "where is this file and how do I edit it?" and have not received an answer.

So, I'll ask at the risk of having missed something above:

* Is this file a part of MP by default or is it a part of an installed plugin?
* If so, which one and what file?

Thanks, I love MP and hate Media Center with a passion. I'd love to get this issue resolved as I'd like to stick with both MP and Windows 7.

- Mike

Reading more carefully, I see this fix applies to IRSS. So I can give that a whirl.

I noticed that IRSS also came with a MCE remote download. Do you point IRSS at this dll or something to have it understand that it should be working with a MCE receiver?

LewZealand

Portal Member
June 5, 2009
Where Is Localhost Entry for Control Plugin Stored?

Heya guys, I've found where I can change the server name in IRSS via the GUI. The only problem is is that the changes I'm making aren't being saved, even when running as an admin.

Where is the config file or registry key that corresponds to this?

Thanks, really appreciate the help.

sskodje

Portal Member
July 14, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
I have the same problem as LewZealand, the setting for server name is not saved, and is reverted to "localhost" immediately.

trichromes

Portal Member
June 13, 2009
A noob here really strugling to get my MCE remote to work.

Where can I download the MP control Plugin? And the test version of IRSS?

Many thanks.

EDIT: All I did was install this - IR Server Suite - Test Build 1.4.2.2627.zip. And now all the functions of the remote work fine.

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
I personally was never able to get the change of pc name to stick either. The way I am able to use my mce remote, which was suggested by happy, is to use Intelliremote. If you take a look a few pages back on this thread you will see our conversation.

I do hope that one day I will be able to get my mce remote working with irss, maybe it is a program bug that makes it so it the pc name doesn't stay?

trichromes

Portal Member
June 13, 2009
I personally was never able to get the change of pc name to stick either. The way I am able to use my mce remote, which was suggested by happy, is to use Intelliremote. If you take a look a few pages back on this thread you will see our conversation.

I do hope that one day I will be able to get my mce remote working with irss, maybe it is a program bug that makes it so it the pc name doesn't stay?

I guess so long as it's working that's the main thing.

I didn't even have to map my MCE buttons, or the name of the PC just installed the test version of IRSS and left the "use MCE Remote unchecked and all was good.

On a side note, Im just importing a shed load of TV seasons and it's taking ages to find the art work and show info, but it's only running in the background so it's no biggie.

Sorry to de-rail the thread, but do you have any idea how to manually add artwork for the DVD cover when MP can't find them?

archmage4eve

Portal Member
March 15, 2008
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Got MCE-remote to work!!

So I tried changig server from localhost to htpc-PC inside the MCE-Control plugin, and suddenly everything worked.
Hope that helps you guys enjoy 7 with remote.

Thnx for the tip! But, i cannot get it to work. In the server list of the MCE Control Plugin there is only "localhost" and other network computer, so the real local hostname must be typed manually right?

I did that but it never gets saved. I also changed it in the Hosts-file in Windows but that didn't do anything.

Someone got some info on how to manage the hostname change??

Thnx!

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
Windows 7 RTM and mce remote worked fine for me (switched back to vista), but I think it is because MediaPortal Alpha and the latest SVN release fixed the issue.

BubBowen

August 5, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm not getting MCE remote to work in Windows 7 Ultimate either. Installed the latest IR Server Suite and nothing has changed. Tried the Server name change also and it's a no go as well.

On a side not, my Keyboard doesn't work in MediaPortal either. I'm really confused!!!!

Let us know what to do next.

Thanks!

Bub

marktravisuk

May 3, 2008
Hi,

I am running windows 7 RC1 with mediaportal latest SVN build. I have a philips SRM5100 and all buttons but volume up and down work and I assumed from other threads I have read the issues with the remote had been resolved. Its a pain keeping getting up to the PC to change the volume.

Maybe I am doing something silly but I have tried everything

Regards

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom