MCE Remote not working after reinstall (3 Viewers)

dazpp

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
I just reinstalled the whole mediabox I have.

Now I notice that not many buttons on the remote works.
I have set it up with HID device and undre there I have "Enabled HID" and "Use HID Keyboard" "Profile = Full"

Still numbers don't work. and the green button can't start mediaportal even though I have MPtray launched.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have this combination whcih worked fully before I reinstalled the box: Vision HT Series - ASRock Inc.
    From the page referenced, the remote control looks like a standard MCE remote control (it has the "Green Marble" button to start WMC). However, it also looks like the IR receiver is built into the case, which may indicate that it is non-standard in some way. So I regret that I cannot offer any advice on how to get this working. :(

If you changed something when you re-installed your system (different version of Windows? different version of MP?), all I can suggest is that you re-install again, reverting to the software versions that you used previously. Otherwise, I think that you will need to purchase a new MCE-compatible RC6 remote control with matching IR receiver. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

dazpp

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    From the page referenced, the remote control looks like a standard MCE remote control (it has the "Green Marble" button to start WMC). However, it also looks like the IR receiver is built into the case, which may indicate that it is non-standard in some way. So I regret that I cannot offer any advice on how to get this working. :(

If you changed something when you re-installed your system (different version of Windows? different version of MP?), all I can suggest is that you re-install again, reverting to the software versions that you used previously. Otherwise, I think that you will need to purchase a new MCE-compatible RC6 remote control with matching IR receiver. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Nothing has changed. I ran everything on win10 64bit and doing the same now. It is not a non-standard receiver as it is a bundle.
    It worked fine with default settings before. All I had to do before was to enable HID.
    Although the old install was an upgrade from real long time ago. I think I installed it on 1.1 or something like that and upgraded it over and over. Also running Win7 initially when installing the box first time and upgraded that one to Win10. All in place upgrade so nothing has been reinstalled during this time.

I'm not about to reinstall from win7 and MP 1.1 and upgrade all the way through to get this working again. Something must be wrong somewhere.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @dazpp
    I strongly suggest you provide log files if you'd like further assistance. That way people can at least check your config.
    Further, you might want to try the HID Demo:
    HID Demo

Last edited:

dazpp

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    @dazpp
    I strongly suggest you provide log files if you'd like further assistance. That way people can at least check your config.
    Further, you might want to try the HID Demo:
    HID Demo
    I tried HID Demo and it registers all buttons on the remote so there must be som econfig issue in MP1

in MP1 1.16 Pre release it's the default config for the HID device and I havn't done any modification to it.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Which specific logs do you want?
    The answer to this question is always "all of them". Please use the provided Watchdog tool. It collects the information that we need into a nice tidy zip file for you to attach.

I tried HID Demo and it registers all buttons on the remote so there must be som econfig issue in MP1
    Not necessarily. It depends on the usage collection/page and usages that the remote's receiver is generating. To that end, it would be helpful to attach a screenshot of the HID Demo showing some of the inputs it managed to pick up.

I have collected the logs now
    Thanks for trying. Unfortunately those log files are no good for me because they're TV Server log files. They won't show input from the remote control. What I need are MediaPortal log files from the Watchdog tool.
    To be specific, please:
    1. Open MediaPortal Config.
    2. Navigate to the "remotes and input devices" section -> HID tab.
    3. Tick "extended logging".
    4. Click OK to save and close MP Config.
    5. Start the Watchdog tool.
    6. Select option 1 ("report a bug...").
    7. Click proceed to start MP.
    8. Once MP has loaded, try to press a range of buttons on the remote.
    9. Close MP.
    10. Attach ("upload a file") the zip file produced by the Watchdog to your next reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom