MCE Remote not working after reinstall (1 Viewer)

dazpp

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
What is your configuration at this point?
You've made several changes over the course of the last page, so I think it's about time for some new log files.
Please use the Watchdog so we get your configuration files. If you supply log files manually, we won't be able to help you.

That requires MPTray or similar. Have you got MPTray running?
Sometimes it helps to read the manual. ;)
Green Button - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki
MPTray is loaded and still green button is not working

Attaching latest logs/config

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes it is disabled since last week
    I guess you mean over the weekend, because it was certainly enabled in the log files you sent on Friday evening.

MPTray is loaded and still green button is not working
    Are you sure?
    There's no MPTray log file included in the zip file, which means MPTray is not loaded/running.

Attaching latest logs/config
    It doesn't look like you tried this function in the latest log.

From a config perspective, for a start...
    MP Config -> TV/Radio section -> TV sub-section -> untick "select channel by index"
    MP Config -> remotes and input devices section -> HID tab:
    • profile = classic
    • untick use HID keyboard

Beyond that I can't say anything without better log files.
    Please use Watchdog option 1, try the function in the debug session, then attach new log files.

dazpp

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    I guess you mean over the weekend, because it was certainly enabled in the log files you sent on Friday evening.
    Hairsplitting,,,

Are you sure?
    There's no MPTray log file included in the zip file, which means MPTray is not loaded/running.
    I could be wrong but maybe not
    mptray.png

It doesn't look like you tried this function in the latest log.

From a config perspective, for a start...
    MP Config -> TV/Radio section -> TV sub-section -> untick "select channel by index"
    MP Config -> remotes and input devices section -> HID tab:
    • profile = classic
    • untick use HID keyboard
    tv-index.png

And as I've said before. If i choose "classic" the remote stops working all together so I need to use "full" otherwise nothing on it works.

Beyond that I can't say anything without better log files.
    Please use Watchdog option 1, try the function in the debug session, then attach new log files.

Hard to produce better logs than your software produces.. If you need more. Log more.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And as I've said before. If i choose "classic" the remote stops working all together so I need to use "full" otherwise nothing on it works.

That's weird. When using Classic make sure you untick "use HID keyboard". If you are having problem with digit input in some menu and that's a big deal to you then I recommend you stick to classic profile.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hairsplitting,,,
    Not at all. For all I know disabling this half an hour ago is what got rid of the double-tapping.

I could be wrong but maybe not
    Is the top right "MP" icon there MediaPortal, or...?
    If it is, that could well be the reason.
    I don't think MPTray will maximise MP from the system tray.

Please read carefully.
    I said untick select channel by index.
    Your screenshot shows it is ticked.

...as I've said before. If i choose "classic" the remote stops working all together so I need to use "full" otherwise nothing on it works.
    Are you sure that disabling the media keys handler didn't change this?
    ...and to be clear I said profile "classic" and untick "use HID keyboard". Trying to use classic profile with HID keyboard won't work out.

Hard to produce better logs than your software produces.. If you need more. Log more.
    Dude, I'm sure you're frustrated, but I could honestly do without comments like this.
    Respectfully, for what feels like the umpteenth time, you seem to have misread or ignored what I said. It's starting to get frustrating for me too.
    Your logs were collected with Watchdog option 3.
    I asked for option 1.
    There's a difference.
    It might not be significant to you, but it is to me.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That's weird. When using Classic make sure you untick "use HID keyboard".
    Yeah, I'm guessing HID keyboard is ticked. It was in the latest log files.
    I did warn about the classic + HID keyboard combination earlier, and the manual warns about it too.
    Anything we can do to remove the possibility of creating these (classic + HID keyboard, HID + media) incompatible configs?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Anything we can do to remove the possibility of creating these (classic + HID keyboard, HID + media) incompatible configs?
    Well, we can always improve though we also want to be careful cause some of those unusual configuration can actually help users with odd setup.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well, we can always improve though we also want to be careful cause some of those unusual configuration can actually help users with odd setup.
    Documentation in the wiki/manual and bold red warnings in the user interface haven't been enough this time, so maybe more "in your face" warnings are required?
    A popup or something on save or option change?
    Much as I hate popups, it almost certainly would have saved 5 or 6 pages here, and who knows how many similar threads in future.
    <sigh>

dazpp

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Not at all. For all I know disabling this half an hour ago is what got rid of the double-tapping.
    It did not. I did change it last week when I got home. Don't know exactly what mad the double tapping go away. I'm happy it did though

Is the top right "MP" icon there MediaPortal, or...?
    If it is, that could well be the reason.
    I don't think MPTray will maximise MP from the system tray.

No thats Multiplicity and has nothing to do with Media Portal. It's the bottom one that is the MP Tray

Please read carefully.
    I said untick select channel by index.
    Your screenshot shows it is ticked.
    My bad. It's done now. I'll test when I get back home. Although reading it I would think having it ticked would do what I want i.e give the chance of choosing the channel from index/numbers.

Are you sure that disabling the media keys handler didn't change this?
    ...and to be clear I said profile "classic" and untick "use HID keyboard". Trying to use classic profile with HID keyboard won't work out.
    I'm not sure what made double tapping go away as I said before.

Yes I tried that and I've told you that already. Whenever I choose "classic" and untick HID keyoard or have it ticked (doesn't matter which) the remote stops working at all.

Dude, I'm sure you're frustrated, but I could honestly do without comments like this.
    Respectfully, for what feels like the umpteenth time, you seem to have misread or ignored what I said. It's starting to get frustrating for me too.
    Your logs were collected with Watchdog option 3.
    I asked for option 1.
    There's a difference.
    It might not be significant to you, but it is to me.

Yes this is frustrating as you never believe what I say. Ok I know I've missed a few things here and there and I said sorry about that.
    You did not specify "option 1" in the watchdog. I checked. Is that the option to report a bug? If so I have to do that when I'm home and can use the remote.
    I have also numerous times given you access to the box itself so you can verify whatever is needed but no reponse to that.

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Whenever I choose "classic" and untick HID keyoard or have it ticked (doesn't matter which) the remote stops working at all.
    Classic profile with "Use HID keyboard" should notably deactivate the direction control on your remote so it would look like it's not working anymore.
    Again, if you go for Classic profile make sure "Use HID keyboard" is deactivated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom