MCE Standby Tool 0.9.69: native MP support (1 Viewer)

rpm

Portal Pro
November 21, 2006
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
i connect my remote throught serial conector (COM), and then i use winlirc. surely this is why i can't turn on my pc from remote control...maybe the remote should be usb...don't you think ?

nschoot

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Hi,

I also experience the black screen issue (ATI card). "Sometimes" (But it seems more often lately) when I resume from stand by, I just get a black screen... The TV is getting signal from the PC though! The keyboard/mouse seem to be dead. Nothing seems to recover this situation, except turning the HTPC off/on (which used to be my solution).

However: When I press Ctrl/Alt/Del, the task manager DOES popup... When I kill MP, the black screen is gone...

In other words: I run MP full screen when resuming from standby MP just seems to be stuck on something. I suspected it might be related to the fact I was watching TV when resuming, but also going to the MP main menu first and then go into standby and still occassionaly I get the black screen.

Could this be 0.2.3.x related? - I don't remember seeing the problem with 0.2.1.x... [Edit] I use 0.2.3.0 RC3 [/Edit]

boseg23

Portal Member
August 30, 2007
Hi,

right the same issue as nschoot reported also with ATI 2600XT card / Catalyst 9.8.
I tried to switch to Catalyst 9.9, 9.10 and it became a nightmare, so I went back to 9.8.
I use to kill the MediaPortal process through a terminal server connection.

RC3 seems to be less stable at the moment, it worked with RC2.

I also have a DIRECT3D problem when resuming from standby or hibernate without restarting MP through the MCEST. This issue was also present with RC2.

Any hints??

Regards
Arno

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi,

got a problem with MST. i'm using the MP 0.2.2.0 stable and no TV server. MST is installed in C: where MP is installed too.

so i've got no MP tab....

what has to be done that the MP tab shows up?

thanks.
    ieb

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Default install path c:\programfiles\teammediaportal\mediaportal

his is a quote from Herman

With version 0.2.2.0 and before there was no way to detect where MP was installed. MST checks the default path. I discussed this with the MP dev team, they came up with a solution which should be included in later MP versions

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi paranoid,

thx for your answere.
    just to be on the safe side( coz i'm stupid .... ;) ). i have to install MST here ?---> c:\programfiles\teammediaportal\mediaportal ?

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i extracted and istalled in the c:\programfiles\teammediaportal\mediaportal but it had no effect.
    still no MP tab available...

any suggestions? plz help.

thx.
    ieb

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom