Media Portal 2 - rumours (2 Viewers)

THDBASED

Portal Pro
January 30, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Can't wait for the new release! pleeeease include a smart zoom mode for watching 4:3 content on 16:9 screens.
Call me stupid, but what is smart zoom??
Do you got a link explaining what it does and how it works?

Frodo

Would it not be better to not keep all of it a secret. Not to complain or anything like that but would it not be better to have everyone work together to achieve the best result? Maybe have a thread where everyone can discuss the different parts of MP; something like what features should we keep, which ones should be left out, what features should be changed a certain way. That way we could have a good start and less work after the first release.

Any thought on this?

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Call me stupid, but what is smart zoom??
    Do you got a link explaining what it does and how it works?

Frodo

Hey Frodo :)

For me the smart zoom is 4:3 stretch with a little cutting on top and bottom. This way I get the best middle way between zoom and stretch. Actually, it is like the 14:9 (which is cut bottom and top) but strech it to the whole 16:9.

Did that make sense?

Also, thanks for the new tsreader and tvserver, now it is really closing on a finished product. Even the preselected audio language works :)

-stian

NLS

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Well this is a different zoom for my TV. Smart zoom definitely doesn't touch the center part at all (nor cut top and bottom).

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I don't understand why an open source project like Media Portal keeps things like this (MP II) a secret. Is the MP core a closed project and only the plugins / skins open to the community to contribute to?

Don't take this the wrong way as I know that you do this in your spare time (and what an amaizing job you do) but I do not know why so much about this project is so secret. Wouldn't it be better to tell people where this project is heading so more people get interested in joining the development team?

It was great to see your effort in getting community response in the re-design of the myTV part (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/re_design_mytv_get_involved-f211.html).

Keep up the great work!

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    cul8er
    I agree with you... but unfortunately this is the way the MP team works so often... secrets and secrets. Don't dorget one important thing: yes, you are right that they works in spare time, and they work for free... BUT in my point of view, once you've started a project like this with thousand of user using it... u have the responsability to keep your software.

regards,

THDBASED

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I don't understand why an open source project like Media Portal keeps things like this (MP II) a secret. Is the MP core a closed project and only the plugins / skins open to the community to contribute to?

Don't take this the wrong way as I know that you do this in your spare time (and what an amaizing job you do) but I do not know why so much about this project is so secret. Wouldn't it be better to tell people where this project is heading so more people get interested in joining the development team?

It was great to see your effort in getting community response in the re-design of the myTV part (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/re_design_mytv_get_involved-f211.html).

Keep up the great work!

Agree, maybe there should be two online parts for MP, just brainstorming here, one part for developers and other members who want to contribute and an other fancy part for support for "normal users" with a fancy website to back it up...something like mozilla does...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom