That's the spirit of open source! 8)

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Merchandise yes ... CafePress HELL no

I think merchandise is a very good idea. But I have seen the cafePress stuff and in my opinion it is pretty bad.

wertzui

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2005
    hi,
    i am currently working on some mediaportal merchandise.
    i already got a couple of slogans for all kinds of merchandise.
    but i want to ask you to give me more slogans, so we can sort the best ones out and maybe have then on the merchandise.

:idea: so go ahead and do a little brainstorming :idea:

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    What do we have so far to help get the creative juices flowing?

Mike

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    somebody had "Media Portal - on a home theater near you!" in his signature. Don't remember who that was - but I like that slogan!

Products: I would like to have a nice GEL CAP sticker for my MP box.

thanks+regards
    WeWe

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    well, I checked an online shop. When buying 1000 gelcap stickers they cost around 50 Cents each.

Selling them on 2 or 3 Euros would bring enough money to sponsor TV cards and other hardware for the devs. (whereas I would have no problem to pay 5 Euros, as it is meant as a donation!)

In my opinion the stickers simply would carry the MP logo (graphic and text) as above to the left on this website.

Problems:
    - can 1000 stickers be sold?
    - who would fund the initial investment?

For everyboy who doesn't know what a gelpcap sticker is: http://www.promex.de/pins_galerie04.html

thanks+regards
    WeWe

nekkidtruth

Portal Member
    February 27, 2006
    London, Ontario Canada
    This sounds like a really cool idea! The gel stickers or "domed" stickers would be wicked for sticking on your MP machine! I've sent in a request for a quote from a company in the US as well. 50 cent/sticker sounds a bit steep to me. I'll pass along the information once they respond!

luksmann

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2005
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The idea sounds great and I would certainly buy some things there...

If you need a designer for tshirt-logo or sticker or something like that - I'd help out...

Luksmann

Users who are viewing this thread