Media Portal won't start (1 Viewer)

seaaxis

October 31, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
I just installed Media Portal on a Windows 7 Basic, and each time i try to start Media Portal it always starts the configuration of the protal. I cannot seem to start it up?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome seaaxis

That is because you have to create a configuration file before you can run MP. The watchdog will also crash if you haven't got a configuration file (we're going to fix that). To resolve this, select "advanced mode" on that popup and click OK. You could just click OK again straight away if you want. If it were me, I'd go to the "codecs and renderer" section and set my codec preferences, and I'd also set up my video and music folders. Then clicking on the shortcut again after saving the configuration file (click OK to close config) will start MP.

mm

mascot

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Same problem here. Just upgraded 1.7.1. hotfix to 1.8.0 final and now I can't start mediaportal, configuration, extension manager or MP skin editor. I double click the program files but nothing happens.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same problem here. Just upgraded 1.7.1. hotfix to 1.8.0 final and now I can't start mediaportal, configuration, extension manager or MP skin editor. I double click the program files but nothing happens.
    Sounds like a different problem. You better off starting a new thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
    Replies
    Views
    I can confirm that. After reinstalling MP1.31(x86) I mistakenly installed the x64 version MpUrlSourcesplitter. Then I got the error. After uninstalling MpUrlSourcesplitter(x64) I installed the MpUrlSourcesplitter(x86). But the error message still comes.
    I can confirm that. After reinstalling MP1.31(x86) I mistakenly installed the x64 version MpUrlSourcesplitter. Then I got the...
    Just completed a clean install of Win 10 followed by MP 1.31. During install the installer hung up because I didn't have .net 3.5...
    Replies
    Views
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
    I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
    Replies
    Views
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom