Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Please post bugreports in dedicated threads, and do follow the guidelines:

How to start a support or bugreport thread:
    1. Choose a meaningful title for your thread.
    2. Report only one problem per thread.
    3. At the moment you start a new thread in the support forums, the hardwarespecification template will be added automatically. If the template is empty, then you have not filled out your specifications in the usercp yet.
      Note: Your report MUST include a complete hardwarespecification!
    4. Add a detailed, step by step description of your problem.
    5. If your problem occurs inside MediaPortal or the configuration program, then run the "MediaPortal Logs Collector" from your Windows Start Menu (Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal) and ATTACH the exported log.zip file to your thread/post.
      Without logs it is IMPOSSIBLE for us to help you!

To create clean and conclusive logs you should use the "MediaPortal Debug" shortcut which will start MediaPortal in a special debug mode. Then you reproduce the issue and close MediaPortal. A log.zip will be created automatically which you then attach to your thread/post
      If you are using the TV-Server and it is installed on a different PC, then you have to attach its logs by hand.
      To do that open your Windows StartMenu and click at "TV-Server Logs Folder" in Team MediaPortal/TV-Server.
      Attach all these files to your thread/post.
    6. Do NOT copy/paste your logfiles (or large parts of them) in your post.
    Please note that support threads, which are missing the required information posted above will not be processed and maybe also deleted.
    :D

--- PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT THIS MESSAGE ---
    Logs and system specs should always be added - just in case

tesco

Portal Member
    March 27, 2009
    Anyone else have alot of leftovers in their root directory after installing MP? In adition I also get a empty backup folder in the Team Mediaportal directory.

Just minor stuff that doesn't really matter, but it sort of hurts the big picture.

galileo65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Just had to express my appreciation of this product. Had full Media Portal running main TV plus 2 year old client wireless laptop and 4 year old study client computer all running 1.01 with vanilla ffdshow codecs and everything works flawlessly. I can't remember a commercial product of any decsription that is this mature at version 1.01. MS must cringe when they play with this themselves. Truly awesome. I will be donating again to express my thanks. Well done.

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could someone please send me a copy of the files in their plugins folder? I installed 1.0.1, but replaced that folder from a previous installation and now some of the options in MP Config are messed up.

They have to be the ones included in the 1.0.1 release.

Thanks in advance for this simple gesture ;)

Hi Zinu,

Attached you will find the original plugin folder for MediaPortal 1.0.1.

PS. Always make a backup before you replace anything.;)

TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ts reader audio error

Switching programs causes TV viewing to stop when changing from DVB-T to analogue or the other way round.
    I cannot really reproduce it reliable.
    I hope these logs are enough to see the reason...

ocnos

Portal Member
    August 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I am experiencing the same problem as someone here, with the autoplay feature. Whenever a disc is inserted, the autoplay dialog keeps popping up whatever your choice is. Anyone has the same issue?

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I've got the problem with no video playing for some movies. I tracked it down to movies that GSpot report as codec avc1 ("H.264/MPEG-4 AVC").

Strangely, GSpot says "Codec Status Undetermined" for the video and audio

I'm using an NVidia 8600 card on a virgin Vista 32-bit system and default Zoom Player installation. Zoom Player installs FFDSHOW and a small set of other bits and I leave them all at defaults. I don't use codec packs including the one made by MP forum users.

Everything worked fine in MP 1.0.0. I've never installed any SVN versions of anything.

The video problem happens in EVR or VMR9 mode. I'm not sure what else to check/change.

Other avi files play ok (sound, vision).

The movie does not play in WMPlayer 11.

The attached log files shows an attempt to play InkHeart, encoded in avc1, with a resolution of 1280x528.

The movie plays fine within Zoom Player. Perhaps MediaPlayer's video player doesn't have something loaded that it needs. There's too many places in the config util to muck around with this so I don't want to go changing anything. It worked fine in MP 1.0.0 and the only other thing I did was install PureAudio and the latest StreamedMP skin. I haven't changed anything else.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.rar
      30.6 KB

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Anyone else experiencing that the progress for the programs in the channel window always shows 100%?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom