TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    sometimes when switching from an analogue channel to one of my via DVB-T received channels, I get an error with the audio codec and sometimes I have to restart MP.
    Once I got this crash so that I now can add this log.

calcon79

Portal Member
    January 25, 2009
    Trenton, IL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have both FFDShow and SAF. Works great.
    AFAIK, EVR is beter than VMR9.

Undel,
    I thought so too, but on my machine I get tearing with EVR. I get it even when using reclock. With VMR9, I get no tearing at all. I figured it was because I am using older hardware (Radeon Mobility 9000) that works better with VMR9. I'll have to try out SAF and see how that works for me.

Also, I have had issues in the past with reclock and direct3d/directdraw modes. It actually gave me this same issue when trying to use direct3d mode and VMR9 renderless. Eventually I got it to work in direcdraw mode. The newest one uses an automatic mode which I have it set on right now. I tried setting it to directdraw mode and still got the same results with 1.0.1. I also tried disabling reclock altogether with no luck.

Maybe with the right settings, reclock can get rid of the tearing in EVR mode? If it is better, I would like to use it. The tearing is annoying though. I'm sure there is a thread somewhere that covers this.

By the way, I do get tearing in VMR9 but in VMR9 renderless I do not.

Epedemic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2006
    Hi, im having a huge problem with 1.0.1.

I was using SVN before with no problem. Did a clean install, which works fine, but when starting tv server configuration i cant get through the setup database connection app... I can press test, and it reports all ok and everything goes green, but when i press save nothing happens, it just stays on the same window! This goes both if i try to use mssql or mysql! And i even reinstalled vista64, but still the same problem! Also i can close the window, but that dosent really help...

ray076NL

Portal Member
    August 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can also report the same problem as calcon79. After installing (nothing else changed) 1.0.1 the xvid avi files simply don't work anymore. Before I was using ffdshow and 1.0.0 on clean install of XP and everything was fine.

I am reporting the same problem too, it also affects MKV files (H.264/avi/MP4/...)
    So it seems to be a serious problem i guess. I have also done an update from 1.0 to 1.0.1

EDIT: i now installed mediaportal in a clean install, it still doesnt work.
    System specs: Via esther processor 1,5GHz (enough for playing SD and probably also 720p with coreavc), 1GB ram (of which 64MB is used by the video-chip, which is from S3), Im using K-lite codec pack and i'm not sure which codecs, for 720p I use coreavc and I have gotten myself the newest haali splitter befor updating to 1.0.1. mkv's work fine in MPC, so haali isnt the problem. i'm a little stuck here, the logs don't give any information at all, except for that it wouldn't play, not the reason... So i'm stuck.
    I use windows xp pro SP3 latest updates.

Btw, the menu's are scrolling smoother than in 1.0, which is a nice development.

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, im having a huge problem with 1.0.1.

I was using SVN before with no problem. Did a clean install, which works fine, but when starting tv server configuration i cant get through the setup database connection app... I can press test, and it reports all ok and everything goes green, but when i press save nothing happens, it just stays on the same window! This goes both if i try to use mssql or mysql! And i even reinstalled vista64, but still the same problem! Also i can close the window, but that dosent really help...

Right click on the configuration shortcut and select "run as administrator".

ocnos

Portal Member
    August 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    • Vista navigator + Vista mpg2 codec + vista audio codec
    • PowerDVD navigator + PowerDVD video codec + PowerDVD audio codec

all other "combinations" of different filters will cause playback issues.
    nothing we can do about that. :(

How can I select the Vista combination? It doesn't show for me as an option.
    Is it true that PowerDVD delivers worse quality video?

Captain Kirk

Portal Member
    January 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Vista navigator + Vista mpg2 codec + vista audio codec
    • PowerDVD navigator + PowerDVD video codec + PowerDVD audio codec

all other "combinations" of different filters will cause playback issues.
    nothing we can do about that. :(

How can I select the Vista combination? It doesn't show for me as an option.
    Is it true that PowerDVD delivers worse quality video?

Hi,
    after spending my whole Easter Sunday afternoon with the configuration of the DVD Section of MP, i have found a compromise.
    I'm still on MP 1.0 but i have tried it with 1.0.1, too.
    So, now i'm using the default DVD Navigator, along with the PDVD7 Videocodec and the MPC Audio codec and it works fine.
    The Audio is a little out of sync with some Titles, but thats minimal.
    The difference is, that i turned off HW Accleration for the PDVD Codec in the Direct Show Filtercontrol Section of MP. Now the sharpness of the image is close to the sharpness of the MPC Video Codec and i have no more DVD Navigation Problems. With HW Accleration on, i get an all blury an colorless image when using the Power DVD Codec. Don't ask me why. I'm just glad that it works now.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    With HW Accleration on, i get an all blury an colorless image when using the Power DVD Codec.
    I've seens such as well. It seems that the drivers, brand (ati/nvidia) and the model of the gfx-card can cause very different results.

So its not PowerDVD alone to blame for bad image quality.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have both FFDShow and SAF. Works great.
    AFAIK, EVR is beter than VMR9.

Undel,
    I thought so too, but on my machine I get tearing with EVR. I get it even when using reclock. With VMR9, I get no tearing at all. I figured it was because I am using older hardware (Radeon Mobility 9000) that works better with VMR9. I'll have to try out SAF and see how that works for me.

Also, I have had issues in the past with reclock and direct3d/directdraw modes. It actually gave me this same issue when trying to use direct3d mode and VMR9 renderless. Eventually I got it to work in direcdraw mode. The newest one uses an automatic mode which I have it set on right now. I tried setting it to directdraw mode and still got the same results with 1.0.1. I also tried disabling reclock altogether with no luck.

Maybe with the right settings, reclock can get rid of the tearing in EVR mode? If it is better, I would like to use it. The tearing is annoying though. I'm sure there is a thread somewhere that covers this.

By the way, I do get tearing in VMR9 but in VMR9 renderless I do not.
    I upgraded from 1.0.0.0 to 1.0.1.0 last night and also had the .net SP2 update need. After that I thought it would be smooth. YES, I had read to open TV config and re-enter the MySQL default password (MediaPortal), and to get the SchedulesDirect upgraded .dll from the link. I also had to use MP-config to select their new Blue3wide skin (as I have Monochrome 2.7 configured for MP 1.0.0.0 and it doesn't show my Recorded-TV at all) which I could not select via the MP Settings menu.

Now, on point about the codec/VRM9 issue -- I have been using the Cyberlink video codec but the VRM9 log indicates the source is not interlaced eventhough the MP log interrogation indicates it is interlaced -- hence, I'm getting 30fps on 1080i material and 60fps on 720p material. Same for the PureVideo codec, but I tried the MPC-video codec and the interlaced issue is not apparent eventhough pressing <Shift><1> still displays the VRM9 to be at 30fps. Seems to me there's a slight bug in the handshake between these modules.

Also, I get a mountainful of errors if I use the built-in Recorded TV thumbnail option -- more than half of my recorded-TV (all in .ts) files cause a pop-up error of MTN.EXE (leaving a .jpg file of 0kB in the folder) -- so many I've disabled thumbnails for now.

I do see an improvement in Recorded-TV playback -- the progress bar is now as it should be (solid, with time-remaining posted on the right end) and NOT the 'timeshifted,' multi-colored variety you get during live-TV! Also, now being forced to use the MPC-Video codec, the multi-speed FFW/REW now work again. I can't say whether it will continue with commercial codecs, or if it's an artifact of the s/w codec.

I did get an error, a pop-up when I tried to play a .mkv which had been working. Switching to the DivX .264 fixed that... then another had issue (both of these I'd been playing already under MP 1.0) so I went back to MP-Config and reselected the Cyberlink .264 codec... now all is well! Odd, huh?

That's about all I can say right now... more to come.

Morpheuzs

Portal Member
    March 6, 2009
    I have an issue with my recordings after I updated to MP 1.01. It seems, that all my recordings are gone,
    but they are still on my harddisk.
    I´m not able to re-import the files back to the db.

So, I started to install MP 1.01 from the scratch. After this was done, I was able to import my recordings into MP again.
    But after several reboots and standby all my recordings are gone again and I´m not able to import them.
    Even when I try to record something it will not be shown in the recordings sections.

I reverted back to MP 1.0 and all my recordings are back again and those recorded with MP 1.01.

Does anybody have the same issue ? Somone aware to get rid of this ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom