MediaPortal 1.0.1 Release (1 Viewer)

Duqe

Portal Member
April 5, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi, im having a huge problem with 1.0.1.

I was using SVN before with no problem. Did a clean install, which works fine, but when starting tv server configuration i cant get through the setup database connection app... I can press test, and it reports all ok and everything goes green, but when i press save nothing happens, it just stays on the same window! This goes both if i try to use mssql or mysql! And i even reinstalled vista64, but still the same problem! Also i can close the window, but that dosent really help...

Wont be possible to make an update instead of a clean install, for those who have installed SVN?

Thx.

burr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello very nice responsiveness in the GUI now. Could see that there is a new feature SMS Style Keyboard. Searched the forum how to use it
    could not find anything. How does this work?

jhb

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sad to say, but really poor quality in this release... :(

...I had about five different problems when re-installing. Crashes, failed uninstalls, error message with internet explorer etc.

Finally managed to get the install on both my server and client (multi-seat setup), but then I can't get TV to be rendered in my clients (tried both XP and vista).

Tried a clean install instead, same problem - previous menu is stuck, or black screen appears. Attaching logs collected.

Went back to 1.0RC4 in the clients instead (best release so far for multi-seat), and it works like a charm - well my old problems (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...screen-after-channel-change-53609/index4.html) with black screen after channel change (when switching between channels on different TV-cards or viewing recorded TV are still there, but that is to expect since it is a bug in the client).

calcon79

Portal Member
    January 25, 2009
    Trenton, IL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I can also report the same problem as calcon79. After installing (nothing else changed) 1.0.1 the xvid avi files simply don't work anymore. Before I was using ffdshow and 1.0.0 on clean install of XP and everything was fine.

I am reporting the same problem too, it also affects MKV files (H.264/avi/MP4/...)
    So it seems to be a serious problem i guess. I have also done an update from 1.0 to 1.0.1

EDIT: i now installed mediaportal in a clean install, it still doesnt work.
    System specs: Via esther processor 1,5GHz (enough for playing SD and probably also 720p with coreavc), 1GB ram (of which 64MB is used by the video-chip, which is from S3), Im using K-lite codec pack and i'm not sure which codecs, for 720p I use coreavc and I have gotten myself the newest haali splitter befor updating to 1.0.1. mkv's work fine in MPC, so haali isnt the problem. i'm a little stuck here, the logs don't give any information at all, except for that it wouldn't play, not the reason... So i'm stuck.
    I use windows xp pro SP3 latest updates.

Btw, the menu's are scrolling smoother than in 1.0, which is a nice development.

ray076NL,
    Did you try it in EVR rendering mode? Mine worked in EVR rendering mode but not in VMR9 renderless. I'm curious if yours works in that mode. It seems something has changed in 1.0.1 causing VMR9 renderless to no longer work with my hardware setup regardless of what type of video I try to play. Some people say EVR is better but on my machine it is not due to tearing issues. Therefore, I went back to 1.0.0 because I like using VMR9 renderless.

BTW. We are both using a very similar setup except I'm not using Haali splitter. I am also using K-lite and windows xp home xp3. My logs didn't tell me much either. I'm wondering if other people with this same setup are having the same issue.

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Timeshifting h.264 channels starts to stutter badly always after a minute or so when using non rtsp mode. Playing back an ongoing recording of the same channel is fine, again using non rtsp mode. Logs attached.

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could someone please send me a copy of the files in their plugins folder? I installed 1.0.1, but replaced that folder from a previous installation and now some of the options in MP Config are messed up.

They have to be the ones included in the 1.0.1 release.

Thanks in advance for this simple gesture ;)

ray076NL

Portal Member
    August 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can also report the same problem as calcon79. After installing (nothing else changed) 1.0.1 the xvid avi files simply don't work anymore. Before I was using ffdshow and 1.0.0 on clean install of XP and everything was fine.

I am reporting the same problem too, it also affects MKV files (H.264/avi/MP4/...)
    So it seems to be a serious problem i guess. I have also done an update from 1.0 to 1.0.1

EDIT: i now installed mediaportal in a clean install, it still doesnt work.
    System specs: Via esther processor 1,5GHz (enough for playing SD and probably also 720p with coreavc), 1GB ram (of which 64MB is used by the video-chip, which is from S3), Im using K-lite codec pack and i'm not sure which codecs, for 720p I use coreavc and I have gotten myself the newest haali splitter befor updating to 1.0.1. mkv's work fine in MPC, so haali isnt the problem. i'm a little stuck here, the logs don't give any information at all, except for that it wouldn't play, not the reason... So i'm stuck.
    I use windows xp pro SP3 latest updates.

Btw, the menu's are scrolling smoother than in 1.0, which is a nice development.

ray076NL,
    Did you try it in EVR rendering mode? Mine worked in EVR rendering mode but not in VMR9 renderless. I'm curious if yours works in that mode. It seems something has changed in 1.0.1 causing VMR9 renderless to no longer work with my hardware setup regardless of what type of video I try to play. Some people say EVR is better but on my machine it is not due to tearing issues. Therefore, I went back to 1.0.0 because I like using VMR9 renderless.

BTW. We are both using a very similar setup except I'm not using Haali splitter. I am also using K-lite and windows xp home xp3. My logs didn't tell me much either. I'm wondering if other people with this same setup are having the same issue.

Except for that i only have a 1,5GHz via esther processor... and EVR works as a workaround, but the image shocks to heavily to be a real solution... so ehm, it works: confirmed, but not when you have a slow processor.
    Should I make a bug report on this?

Thanks for the advise btw:D it would have worked if my HTPC would have been fast enough:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom