MediaPortal 1.0.1 Release (1 Viewer)

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ahh excellent just as i walk in good news :D...well need to wait for my new bits then this will be installed :D and hopefully my then xfactor skin should be up :D

Omen

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    heh i'm totally not worried about updating, i'm currently waiting for fdisk to finish giving me a clean slate.

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    When I try to install 1.0.1 (upgrade or clean install) the installer throws up an error.

'Download of settings file failed.
    Please review your Internet Explorer configuration and try once again.
    Corrupt config file, if found, will now be deleted.'

I have tried checking my Internet Explorer settings and everything is fine there. I can access the internet and there are no proxy settings.

1.0 installed fine a few days ago. What's up with 1.0.1?

samundsen

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    When I try to install 1.0.1 (upgrade or clean install) the installer throws up an error.

I have tried checking my Internet Explorer settings and everything is fine there. I can access the internet and there are no proxy settings.

I got that too when trying the Advanced install option. The one-click option installed fine.

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006

I got that too when trying the Advanced install option. The one-click option installed fine.

I get it no matter what I do :(

samundsen

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Btw, one thing I did after I got the "corrupt config file" error was to completely uninstall my old MP installation (I was running RC4). then try the install again with the one-click option. I'm not sure which of these got rid of the error and allowed the 1.0.1 to get installed, but after this the install ran successfully. I've just finished reconfiguring MP from scratch and I'm now enjoying what seems to be the most stable. smoothest running MP ever!

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    Btw, one thing I did after I got the "corrupt config file" error was to completely uninstall my old MP installation (I was running RC4). then try the install again with the one-click option. I'm not sure which of these got rid of the error and allowed the 1.0.1 to get installed, but after this the install ran successfully. I've just finished reconfiguring MP from scratch and I'm now enjoying what seems to be the most stable. smoothest running MP ever!

Still doesn't install. I was running 1.0 before. Now I have nothing.

Eeyore

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2006
    Newcastle, Australia
    Home Country
    i had the same error as above, but i tried again and it worked the second time.

i must say, the whole upgrade process was only about 30 seconds. very sweet! :)

I gave my HTPC a reboot, installed the latest version of StreamedMP and then a nice defrag and another reboot.

I find it strange that the TVService Service is set to manual startup and you need to create the sql connection again for it to start. But once you confirm the default password, all of the config is still there, so all is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom