MediaPortal 1.0.1 Release (1 Viewer)

marson

Portal Pro
June 9, 2007
uk
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm having the same problem, getting error .....Microsoft.net Framework 2.0 is installed But Service Pack 2 is a requirement for Mediaportal Unpacker.
Installation will be cancelled.... running windows xp media centre edition 2002 with sevice pack 2 , & net framework 2.0 is installed

Please help....

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm having the same problem, getting error .....Microsoft.net Framework 2.0 is installed But Service Pack 2 is a requirement for Mediaportal Unpacker.
    Installation will be cancelled.... running windows xp media centre edition 2002 with sevice pack 2 , & net framework 2.0 is installed

Please help....

Hi Manson,

SP2 is not referring to Windows XP but is referring to dotnet: you should install the SP2 for dotnet!.
    hope this helps,
    Ruud.

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    When I try to install 1.0.1 (upgrade or clean install) the installer throws up an error.

'Download of settings file failed.
    Please review your Internet Explorer configuration and try once again.
    Corrupt config file, if found, will now be deleted.'

I have tried checking my Internet Explorer settings and everything is fine there. I can access the internet and there are no proxy settings.

1.0 installed fine a few days ago. What's up with 1.0.1?

Go into your temp directory and remove the old mediaportal deploy folder. I did this and then the installer works as it should do. It's leaving stuff behind from previous installs.

Toga

Portal Pro
    January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just "upgraded" from an SVN.

Backed up databases and all fan art.
    Uninstalled Previous build of media portal and installed 1.0.1. I did get the corrupted config message on first install attemp but it worked the second time I tried.
    Checked the base setup was working
    Installed all plugins and restored databases.
    Checked plugins were working (which they were but I forgot to put the fan art back)
    Put fan art back and checked again. Moving Pictures took a while to show fan art, but It was all OK after about ten Minutes.
    Install Streamed MP and configured the basic home.

All in all took me about 40 minuted to upgrade from an SVN build. I need to rebuild the Music Thumbs as they are not all showing but apart from this it has been stable for about two hours. I'll leave that for another time as my music collection is large and it will take a while to do.

Liking it so far. I don't know if it is due to a fresh install of Mediaportal or fixes to the code but it is running a lot smoother that previously through the menus.

Good work all involved.

Arquizona

Portal Member
    November 13, 2008
    Home Country
    1.01 Works great! Thanks Team!

Pd: i dont understand why some people here, dont update windows properly.
    The Net Framework packages, are required also to run others basic programs...

Greetings from Chile

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    I've both my clients in under an hour and both work beautifully. I've noticed 2 issues so far though:

Watching back HD H.264 channels (BBC HD in particular) ignores the preference for ac3 audio if the other language option is not ticked. If both are ticked then resuming recordings from these channels doesn't work properly either, the timeline looks right but it starts playback from the beginning again.

Also, when I scroll down the EPG it just stops when I get to the bottom, rather than continuing from the top again like it used to.

zeebee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    1.01 is running very smoothly and without any problems or crashes. The best release for me so far :D

Cressari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2008
    Konstanz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Its running great here. I uninstalled SVN with recommended kind of uninstalling. 1.01 install without any problems. MP becomes from very very good Software to a rocket star in the universe :D:D:D:D Sounds euphoric cause its euphoric!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom