MediaPortal 1.0 RC4 released! (1 Viewer)

schneid

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2008
    Nevada
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think in XP this is located in C:\Documents and Settings or should I say buried as you have to find the correct user sub-directory. A "Rebuild Cache" feature would be nice. I went nuts trying to install a "hover_mynews" PNG to replace the blank one. It would not take until I deleted the caches.

stendec

Portal Member
    July 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    RC4 vs RC3

I've installed MP 1 RC4 last weekend and although it seem to work snappier, I have a problem.
    Indeed, with RC3 I was able to scan and view HD channels perfectly, now with RC4 scanning these scannels is not posible anymore. Eventhough DVB-S S2 is checked, S2 channels are skipped alltogether. I'm using a Fire-DTV DVB-S card which should work perfectly.
    So I'm considering to revert back to RC3.

:sorry:

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've installed MP 1 RC4 last weekend and although it seem to work snappier, I have a problem.
    Indeed, with RC3 I was able to scan and view HD channels perfectly, now with RC4 scanning these scannels is not posible anymore. Eventhough DVB-S S2 is checked, S2 channels are skipped alltogether. I'm using a Fire-DTV DVB-S card which should work perfectly.

Is this a confirmed issue? Going to do a fresh install on weekend with the latest svn. And no need to mention that i hope it will run fine, or better say wo/ big issues.

stendec

Portal Member
    July 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Is this a confirmed issue? Going to do a fresh install on weekend with the latest svn. And no need to mention that i hope it will run fine, or better say wo/ big issues.

I don't think it is a confirmed issue, hence my surprise. I'm also planning to install the latest SVN over the weekend, fingers crossed.
    Just to be clear, I'm not saying my Fire-DTV is not working. It's just that I'm not able to scan any HD channels anymore.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe I kick an open door here, but you never know, sometimes people forget the most obvious things, so here my sugestion:

If your Firedtv S card has a CI slot and CAM with smartcard of your satelite TV provider, then you probably have forgotten to enable the CAM. You can do that in Tvserver setup:

Click on Tvservers>click on the name of your computer>click on the fireDTV card at the RH panel(select)>click on the edit button in the bottom RH corner>check the CAM is enabled.

Click OK to save the settings.

Open TVserver again and proceed to do a scan of your Satelite channels.

Lots

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have not heard any of team-mediaportal jumping up and saying their digital anywhere cards have stopped working.

No porblems here with DVB-S2 channels and my digital anywhere Floppy DVB-S2 card & CAM in RC4. It's been the most stable I've ever known it!

ChrisGT3

October 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I cant for the life of me get the background fanart on mp-tv series pluggin to work, the banners are there but when I click on them I have no fanart images in the background. anyone experiencing same problems?

Users who are viewing this thread