[News] MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta introduces a brand new look (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    O damn!!! I was so happy that the release day was so close.. And now another push back to the future:( Is the problem so big that it can't be solved with a patch after a few weeks?
    As always we announce the CodeFreeze in a news on the HP, and this is 14 days pre-release.
    That is the only real indicator. Mantis dates are no definite.

Yet we will make massive changes internally to our development and release strategy once 1.2.0 final is out.

p.s: a small question: Do you know if all skins (especially streamedMP) is also ready for MP 1.2.0 beta? Or only the default skin, and do we have to wait for the other skins..
    All skins need to get updated.
    1.1.0 to 1.2.0 - MediaPortal Wiki

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I really appreciate the valuable and good work everyone has done, and by reading the road map I have seen how big improvements have been made. Thanks!
    But... two more months.
    Please read what I post.....
    post732038 and post732291

It won't be 2 more months.

Damn! I was looking forward to downloading the beta today!!! :(

:D

Thank you very much for frustrating the developers and other project team members who invest such a huge amount of their spare time for users like me and you. Thank you for making them rethink whether it's really worth their time investment. Thanks a lot for pushing them away from their project.

Please re-think your attitude. I'm fed up with such unnecessary destructive nagging.

G.

Frank-NL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 23, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What's the point in having to install new versions of MP every month? Some people may like this, the majority just wants something that's stable and use on a daily basis without maintenance. I don't think the agile release cycle as followed by big companies is relevant here.

In addition, having those cycles is only possible if you have a big development team on a fulltime basis. That is obviously not the case here so please people have some patience or compile your own SVN build so you can play around as much as you like.

xenafan

Portal Member
    April 26, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks to all who have given up their time and to all the hard work they have put into this release i can see from the video its well worth the wait.

Many Thanks

Xenafan

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Its been a while since I posted on here BUT I have, and still continue to watch the progress of MP.
    It is probably over used in my home lol.
    Anyway a BIG :D to all the team!!!!

I, and my family appreciate all your hard work for bringing so much beauty and joy to the home :D

The future is certainly BRIGHT for MP

Regards

Kev

piernik

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2008
    Two more weeks :/ Go and release what You've got - It's beta - not final... I for example don't use TV so I don't care about that error...
    Please release beta as soon as possible. I'm waiting since alpha version :/

ap90033

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Please read what I post.....
    post732038 and post732291

It won't be 2 more months.

Damn! I was looking forward to downloading the beta today!!! :(

Thank you very much for frustrating the developers and other project team members who invest such a huge amount of their spare time for users like me and you. Thank you for making them rethink whether it's really worth their time investment. Thanks a lot for pushing them away from their project.

Also, if you all wanted to show support why not donate a few bucks there way? Actions speak louder than words. :)

Please re-think your attitude. I'm fed up with such unnecessary destructive nagging.

G.

Wow all the dude said was dang i was looking forward to downloading it. Not seeing that as "destructive" :confused: relax man...
    We are all looking forward to the beta and understand they are working hard on it and will get it done soon. No worries..:D

Seriously pienik, if you can't wait compile your own version. The source is there. If that's too hard for you, stop complaining and wait patiently. And stop commanding the team what they should do, and read this post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...s-brand-new-look-95114/index2.html#post732750

:p is everyone here wound tight? :D I have seen much worse posts elsewhere... Dude even said please LOL
    Also, if you really want to show support for the MP Team why dont you donate a few bucks? I am sure they could use it and if we all give a little it equals a LOT...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom