[News] MediaPortal 1.6.0 Final ready for download! (2 Viewers)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    so this would seem to be incorrect. If we are sure that .net 3.5 is still needed, we should fix this. If .net 3.5 is not needed, we should fix the installer. I guess the problem is plugins built against .net 3.5 ???
    I just tested the installer on a clean VM, and that needs the .NET 3.5 features enabled, or else it won't install. So the requirements are indeed wrong.
    Not sure if (and why) we still need 3.5 though (maybe because of the XP leftovers?).

** EDIT **
    Can't find the proper page to adjust the requirements, it seems redirected.

Last edited:

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That's a little confusing.... The announcement page has
    With MediaPortal 1.6.0 we switched to .NET4 so you need to make sure you have .NET4 installed on your computer (not needed if you are on Windows 8 because it comes with .NET4). Otherwise you are not able to install MediaPortal and the installer just quits.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wow, you guys ... talk about fast release cycle :)

The WifiRemote plugin can crash MediaPortal 1.6.0 while playing music.
    Are you talking about this issue here?

It is fixed in the next release. Looking at that release news I guess I will push that version out as soon as possible and postpone the other fixes on my list until the next WifiRemote version ;)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Wow, you guys ... talk about fast release cycle :)

The WifiRemote plugin can crash MediaPortal 1.6.0 while playing music.
    Are you talking about this issue here?

It is fixed in the next release. Looking at that release news I guess I will push that version out as soon as possible and postpone the other fixes on my list until the next WifiRemote version ;)

I have supply a build with a fix in your forum thread, i think i have supply source change too :)

Michael Schleicher

Portal Member
    January 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    • The release notes says this:
      Last.FM reworkBecause Last.FM changed their API, the Last.fm Radio & scrobbling functions (Last.fm account needed for both!) are rewritten. As a bonus an awesome new AutoDJ function is added, which will attempt to play music forever, and you don't even need a Last.fm account for it!
    I can see it in the menu - and have turned it on, but it does not play music when my "playlist" ends ...

How does the AutoDJ-function work?

Can I read about it anywhere?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes it works but you need you music collection in db and correctly tagged to match song :)

How do I get it in db?

My files are tagged. But tagged to match which song?

If your music collection has proper tags for:
    Artist
    Song
    Album
    Genre
    Year
    Album Artist
    Etc

then AutoDJ will use these tags to match the genre, song etc to other songs with similar qualities in your collection. But not only do you need to have the music tagged properly, you'll need to use database view of the music rather than just shares view.

In MediaPortal, go to:
    Settings->Music->Database and select your folders with music, then hit Scan Selected Folders

Or, open Configuration and in the Music Section, you can scan your folders there.
    Emph

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes it works but you need you music collection in db and correctly tagged to match song :)

How do I get it in db?

My files are tagged. But tagged to match which song?

If your music collection has proper tags for:
    Artist
    Song
    Album
    Genre
    Year
    Album Artist
    Etc

then AutoDJ will use these tags to match the genre, song etc to other songs with similar qualities in your collection. But not only do you need to have the music tagged properly, you'll need to use database view of the music rather than just shares view.

In MediaPortal, go to:
    Settings->Music->Database and select your folders with music, then hit Scan Selected Folders

Or, open Configuration and in the Music Section, you can scan your folders there.
    Emph

Clearly the documentation for this feature didn't get done. Can anyone help? It really should be here:

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/0_What's_New/1.6.x

Users who are viewing this thread