[News] MediaPortal 1.8.0 Final (1 Viewer)

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Did not see my work on MiniDisplay mentioned in release notes. Guessing it's just a release notes issue.
    It was in the 1.8 Pre release notes, as an Antec Fusion Remote user I was very happy to see the iMON MiniDisplay stuff (y).

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I need a little help with playing movies in the new 1.8.0
    I am getting delays and eventually sound and video are not sync'ed.
    I have been testing with the movie Planes
    All works extremely well when I play it with WMP

Video card is MPMain ] [INFO ] - D3D: GPU 'NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS' is using driver version '9.18.13.3788'

System is all stock using the new Lava version
    Any idea's I will try....
    thanks

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    have you checked that you use EVR renderer, and not vmr9?
    Just tested both and while EVR seems better, I still have the delays.
    Also, just installed a new test version of MP2 and it has none of the delays.
    My understanding is both are using the LAV installed on the computer. With my MP1 being a basic install yet the Movies are located on my server, I do not understand the differences..
    WMP = Perfect
    MP2 = Not as good as WMP but could live with it
    MP1 = This version has lots of delays yet no artifacts... Very interesting.
    Suggestions?

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    A question about a Windows 8.1 upgrade

I've Windows 7 x64 and I've to switch Mediaportal on the Panasonic plasma ST60 using a single monitor (Hmdi of course) to avoid stuttering when two monitor are active (extended one and different refresh rate). So when I start MP I switch the monitor, plasma become the first monitor and keep Windows Aero installed due v-synch that must be enabled. When MP ends I go back to the previous state (a led monitor on vga). It work fine. (with no Aero active I got tearing at 24P on the bottom of the screen)
    So the question is if Windows 8 do not have Windows Aero, (do not have it I know) will Media Portal continue to work fine keeping the renderer to enable v-synch on?

Users who are viewing this thread