[News] MediaPortal 1.8.0 Final (1 Viewer)

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    So the question is if Windows 8 do not have Windows Aero, (do not have it I know) will Media Portal continue to work fine keeping the renderer to enable v-synch on?
    http://www.howtogeek.com/128819/aero-isnt-gone-in-windows-8-6-aero-features-you-can-still-use/

And if i'm correct, MP forces Vsync ON.

Thanks , MP forces Vsync ON maybe in Windows 8 . In Windows 7 without Aero I don't think it work proper. because I've to keep Aero active even with a single /main monitor to allow best enviroment to MP work fine.

is it true the news someone told me that in windows 8 there is not anymore the limit (stuttering) when two monitor/device are configurated with different refresh rates? and so I could configure MP to the extended monitor (the TV) without the Windows 7's cap?

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    is it true the news someone told me that in windows 8 there is not anymore the limit (stuttering) when two monitor/device are configurated with different refresh rates? and so I could configure MP to the extended monitor (the TV) without the Windows 7's cap?
    I can't guarantee it'll work flawless for you, but i do have Win 8.1 installed here.
    2 monitors: left runs @ 60Hz, right @ 50Hz (I live in PAL country) and i haven't seen stuttering while testing.
    Best to try it yourself, but can't really imagine why it would be a problem. You can configure the startup screen in MP Config.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    There is an important features to add in Media Portal, imho. The question is how MP detect (or not) the material that is telecined

look at this media info data

XES1M8P.png

this file is a ts 1080i, 29.97 fps telecined. I'm pretty sure about even media info not show information on this because I tried to convert the TS in Mkv with vidcodec, deletecined option to default and 23,976 fps as target

R3k9Itp.png

q1AMRmq.png

the result is perfect playing it in MP

sMPDMqY.png

Now, how MP play this file on 59 default refresh rate? (59,94 Hz.),with Ati/Amd drivers catalyst with default values so automatic deinteinterlace AND pulldown detection (IVCT, so the features to detelecine on live), in this way

KYieEme.png

not very good. why? because dvxa2 chain by Amd UVD apply the ivct and the file became a 24p from a 29.97 interlaced telecined. but MP can't use the correct refresh rate 23 (23,976 fps) in these situation. Infact when I force a refresh rate 23 (coherent with 24P) the play is perfect

sMPDMqY.png

So, the question is if MP was able to check the IVCT capability of a file could apply a proper refresh rate to allow us to watch a TS file with cinema content in the best way that is the 24P. clearly with TS file non telecined MP shuold use the 59/60 refresh rate as usual

is this possibile on next MP?

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Owlsroost - are you involved in refresh rate changer I can't remember. Here is example of refresh taste not matched to final video fps rate.[DOUBLEPOST=1406323413][/DOUBLEPOST]Ps. I think telecine video files must be Pretty uncommon?

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    are you involved in refresh rate changer

Yes, dynamic refresh rate should analyize the media and choose 23 or 59 value to swtich the refresh rate.

is telecined? the Amd card user must set "pulldown detection" on Catalyst and MP set 23

is not telecined? the Amd card user can set "pulldown detection" on Catalyst (but will be ignored) and MP set 59

Ps. I think telecine video files must be Pretty uncommon?

Yes, There are not too much tv series in 1080i format but all of them are telecined (I guess)

Major_Mess

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2006
    HDMI 'Quarter screen" crash bug is back.

I have just updated from 1.4 where this issue was fixed, so not sure if it was reintroduced in a previous update.
    Apart from this issue and TV channel changes seem slower, everything else seems OK.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    HDMI 'Half screen" crash bug is back.
    As it says in every single release news: if you find a problem please report it with log files and system specs so we can try to do something about it.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/bugreports.74/
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

TV channel changes seem slower
    As above: post your log files. I'd be happy to take a quick look, but can't do anything without them.

Users who are viewing this thread