[News] MediaPortal 1.8.0 Final (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    are you involved in refresh rate changer

Yes, dynamic refresh rate should analyize the media and choose 23 or 59 value to swtich the refresh rate.

is telecined? the Amd card user must set "pulldown detection" on Catalyst and MP set 23

is not telecined? the Amd card user can set "pulldown detection" on Catalyst (but will be ignored) and MP set 59

Ps. I think telecine video files must be Pretty uncommon?

Yes, There are not too much tv series in 1080i format but all of them are telecined (I guess)

This isn't the correct thread for discussing this, but:

MP dshowhelper/EVR Presenter does work out the actual video stream frame rate from the timestamps (this is the 'Detd FPS' in the render stats) and this information is available to the MP player code, but it can't do this until playback starts. So the refresh rate change would have to be delayed until after playback starts (and that can create problems with other filters, renderers etc.), Also there are video files with variable 'real' frame rates around....

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yea I guess an option in refresh rate changer could be
    [X] Restart playback if actual fps rate does not match detected fps rate.

What would happen is that if the actual fps playback reported post playback didn't match, then the playback would stop, the refresh rate would change, and then playback would restart. This obviously wouldn't work for variable fps.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Yes, I asked to Jerome Martinez some month ago to improve media info with a flag for ivct compatibility (if possible).
    But an option as kiwijunglist said it was my choice since beginning

Ruud_d

August 7, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    for the record is an Android app. which makes use of MP extension to view the EPG and add wanted programs to the recording table, show planned records, upcoming programs, status of the HTPC; can be used at how and abroad
    I am using MP with Argus-TV for 2 years now.

Ruud_d

August 7, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry some slide mistake from me: "for the record mobile" is not using MP extension, but interfacing with Argus-TV which I also updated;
    Ampdroid which I also use is using the MPextensions, but is still working correctly.
    I think I have to redirect my question to ARGUS-TV

Users who are viewing this thread