[Blog] MediaPortal 2: What does it bring to the table? (2 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    MP2 without the TV-Server, i don`t unterstand this
    That's something you need to get used with... A "stand alone" TV Server like in MP1 is not planned for MP2. In MP2 Live-TV is "just a plugin" ;) as always...

Right now you have two options to watch TV inside MP2. First is to use MP1 TV Server via MPExtended and second is a "native" MP2 Server plugin based on the experimental and wip TVE3.5...

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi everyone!
    Regarding MP2 and TV, have a look at the FAQ:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/6_Support/FAQ

Regarding "dev-power" and MP2, the reason is, as stated above, that ppl (devs are ppl to ;)) do what they want, and often it is what benefeits them.. now. IMO this is fair :). That being said, the work regarding MP2 core I believe was intentionally done by few devs. I'm no dev, but I have a impression that the learning curve for MP2 is a bit steeper than MP1. That being said, more and more team-members are starting to contribute and focus on MP2 :). I suspect that more team-members will follow when MP2 gets more feature complete (it is still alpha).

For version explanations and future release plans (and a test verison of alpha2!), have a look here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp2-alpha-2-pre-release-testing.119416/

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Time to upgrade, dude. Next version of MP1 (1.5) also don't support XP any longer...
    No, time to downgrade. :D To 1.3. 1.4 is already horrible for XP. Will post some proper logs after finishing my little development. :unsure:

Last edited:

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2008
    OHIO
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi everyone!
    Regarding MP2 and TV, have a look at the FAQ:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/6_Support/FAQ
    /

Couple questions/comments about TV...

Will the Native MP2 TVE3.5 be updated for this release I assume so, but may take some time will the winter release work with this Alpha 2?
    If there are no plans for a separate TV server will the TV server plugin start to be included with the installation of the MP2 Server automatically?

Is this being separately maintained from MP1 TV service. Seems like a lot of good work has been happening on MP1 TV server that I would love to carry over to this service instead of maintaining two separate services and fixing one without the other.

Great work so far from everyone!!! I can't wait to get home and try this out....

staticx

Portal Pro
    March 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi
    It seems that even when I choose Hebrew on Regional settings, I cannot see the font... all I see is squares instead of letters...

TvF

Portal Member
    November 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    While configuring shares, MP2 always times out or even crashes. Error log is empty.
    What I am trying to do is adding local folders as global shares.

Is there a guide on how this is supposed to work?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    It seems that even when I choose Hebrew on Regional settings, I cannot see the font... all I see is squares instead of letters...
    Thanks for reporting this! We are aware of the fact, that our font does not support all language specific characters yet! We will start a thread about the plans to collect localization issues and screenshots and also show some ways how to change skin fonts to a matching one!

Edit: there is currently no right-to-left support at all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread