[confirm] Mediaportal has wrong size after resume (2 Viewers)

zator

Portal Member
August 19, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 rc2
MediaPortal Skin: blue3wide
Windows Version: 7
CPU Type: AMD 4850e
HDD: WesterDigital
Memory: Kingston hyperX
Motherboard: Gigabyte ga-ma78gm-s2h
Video Card: HD3200
Video Card Driver: 10.3 catalyst
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hello.

In the RC1 version i had the problem that Mediaportal sometimes came out in 2/3 of the original size after standby. This was fixed in RC2. Though in RC2, Mediaportal sometimes wake up from standby having a weird size.
I have experienced this twice. Once where the mediaportal frame stopped showing at the taskbar and once where a part of the right side on the screen would show the desktop rather than fullscreen mediaportal.

dedi

Portal Pro
January 27, 2010
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
i got wrong size on multi display when turning on the displays (only when i first turn on the secondary), when the displays have diffrent resolutions.

desktop 1: 1280x720 connected to HDready TV via dvi -> hdmi, primary, used for media portal
desktop 2: 1920x1080, connected to FullHD Panel via hdmi -> hdmi, secondary, used for desktop.

Using a Nvidia Card, but I think the same thing happened with ATI too.
This is not fully the same problem, since it does not require MP to go in sleep state.

Reproduction: Both Displays are on with different resolutions. Turn off both displays. Turn on secondary, wait 2 seconds, turn on primary. Thats it.

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Happens with my HD3200 too. HDMI connection. Happened in RC and earlier as well. I was told by chemelli this was a bug in ati drivers. Appears to; they are not...

Will be back with some logs later.

sand

Portal Pro
January 15, 2007
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
i have dvi2hdmi with full HD on LCD tv...
It seemed to me that picure was sometimes a bit odd and after reading this tread it's clear to me
same problem
ati gfx and rc2

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Ok, it happened for me again. I couldn't find anything in my debug logs. So must be driver/windows issue. One way to solve it, is to tick restart MePo on resume in configuration

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    St. Georgen im Schwarzwald
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can confirm this bug. I had it too with my ATI 5570 and HDMI conection, after resuming from standby. The desktop with the task bar was full sized, while MediaPortal was only filling a part of the screen (maybe 2/3). I thought, the HDMI device was not yet detected and so Windows will fallback to a VGA device with a reduced resolution. Can be reproduced, if no monitor is connected and the computer is accessed via VNC from another machine. Then a lower resolution will be used. Switching in the monitor, then switches back to the full resolution - but in this case, MediaPortal should do a resize, shouldn't it?

--Alex

dedi

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Sometimes MP needs about 5 seconds to get into wrong resolution, hits leads me to the question if its maybe fixable by the devs?

Restart MP on resume is not a solution/workaround for me, as it happens just too often (Having second display on and switching HDMI input on the (primary) TV already triggers this resize).

Just for info, still happens with RC3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom