Mediaportal sends Windows into hibernation without being setup to do so

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by emphatic, January 17, 2019.

1. emphatic
    • Team MediaPortal

emphatic Design Group

Surface treatment
    Ratings:
    +1,082 / 2
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    This is a recent thing that's very annoying, and I don't know where it came from all of a sudden.

The problem is twofold:

1. The Power Off button on my remote sometimes puts my system into hibernation instead of Shut Down. But, only when executed in MediaPortal. If I close the application first, then use the Power Button on my remote, Windows is exited correctly. Also, if I wake it from hibernation, MediaPortal will freeze up after a couple of seconds.No changes has been made to my Windows power schedule, and I haven't changed remote inputs in MediaPortal.

2. MediaPortal will just go into hibernation on it's own. If I leave Windows running with MediaPortal closed, the system stays on.

Emph

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. emphatic
    • Team MediaPortal

emphatic Design Group

Surface treatment
    Ratings:
    +1,082 / 2
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    Update, it's actually something Microsoft calls Away Mode.

I have set my power schedule to not allow it when sharing media, is that not the correct way to solve this? It's like MediaPortal decides to just do the opposite of what my Windows Power schedule is set to.

Someone?
    Emph

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!