Mediaportal sends Windows into hibernation without being setup to do so (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This is a recent thing that's very annoying, and I don't know where it came from all of a sudden.

The problem is twofold:

1. The Power Off button on my remote sometimes puts my system into hibernation instead of Shut Down. But, only when executed in MediaPortal. If I close the application first, then use the Power Button on my remote, Windows is exited correctly. Also, if I wake it from hibernation, MediaPortal will freeze up after a couple of seconds.No changes has been made to my Windows power schedule, and I haven't changed remote inputs in MediaPortal.

2. MediaPortal will just go into hibernation on it's own. If I leave Windows running with MediaPortal closed, the system stays on.

Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Update, it's actually something Microsoft calls Away Mode.

I have set my power schedule to not allow it when sharing media, is that not the correct way to solve this? It's like MediaPortal decides to just do the opposite of what my Windows Power schedule is set to.

Someone?
    Emph

Hairysoundman

Portal Member
    April 25, 2018
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    This is a recent thing that's very annoying, and I don't know where it came from all of a sudden.

2. MediaPortal will just go into hibernation on it's own. If I leave Windows running with MediaPortal closed, the system stays on.

Emph

I've been experiencing this since updating to 1.22 (which also coincided with a windows update). Will have a play with the power settings and see if I can disable Away Mode.

Hairysoundman

Portal Member
    April 25, 2018
    Home Country
    OK, I've just checked my mediacentre (what I call my HTPC). Despite setting the power settings in Windows settings to "Never" yesterday, today I found that it had gone into sleep mode, the setting had reverted back to 30 minutes, plus also the TV server had stopped.

So, I've gone through the power settings with a fine tooth comb, plus also I've enabled "Wake on LAN" in the MediaPortal Config app. We'll see if this cures it.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Check the settings in your Power Scheduler in the TV Server, that's where my remedy was.

Emph

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Despite setting the power settings in Windows settings to "Never" yesterday, today I found that it had gone into sleep mode, the setting had reverted back to 30 minutes
    These symptoms suggest that you are using Windows 10. Sadly, whenever a significant Windows update occurs, Windows 10 resets the settings in the power plan :(. So you need to recheck the power settings after every Windows update :mad:.

The solution? Use Windows 7 (that is what I do). :D

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Hairysoundman

Portal Member
    April 25, 2018
    Home Country
    Check the settings in your Power Scheduler in the TV Server, that's where my remedy was.

Emph

I've checked all that, but I can't see anything different in Power Scheduler from before.

I've reset my Windows power settings and they appear to have stuck, but now I've finding that the TV server is stopping, and when I go back to my MP it has the "select TV server" screen up. The TV server won't restart until you go into TV Server Config, which tells you you need to start the TV Server before configuring it.

Yes I am on Win10Pro, but wouldn't go back to W7 now if you paid me.

This set up has been totally stable and reliable for two years now, through several Windows updates. None of them have done all this shit. This has just started happening since I updated MP to 1.22.

How do I set the TV Server to, "never f-ing switch off you moron"?

Hairysoundman

Portal Member
    April 25, 2018
    Home Country

Hmmm, the config page of the client Powerscheduler plugin is very limited, indeed it says that the Server plug-in controls it. I've dug down as far as I can in the Server PS plug-in settings, and made sure they're all applied, so we'll see what happens next time I go back to the MP Client...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom