MediaPortal Support (new version 2005-11-20) (1 Viewer)

Daij-Djan

Portal Member
January 23, 2005
Wao - this simplifies 'help requests' greatly.
Only just discovered it and it just worked :)

Thanks!

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Zyphrax - To answer your three questions: yes, yes & yes.

Zyphrax said:
    Thanks for testing Mike

Sorry for the confusion but I only detect the VideoCard model and AudioCard model. I could fill in the driver version, but the driver version that WMI gave me wasn't the right one. I'll have to put some more work into that.

Does it detect your videocard with the right model name and memory size?
    Does it detect your audiocard with the right model name?
    Does it detect your motherboard with the right model name and manufacturer?

It is possible that WMI finds more than 1 audiocard and videocard, if so the dropdown will show all of them.

Zyphrax

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2005
    Netherlands
    FlipGer said:
    - Step 3, Detection of .NET. I have both .NET1 and .NET2, i do not know if it is possible to detect this. Detection showed .NET1, if only one can be detected and filled in, it would be better to show up .NET2, since this is necessary for the upcomming release of MP.
    The MediaPortal Support Wizard determines the .NET version (CLR) used to run The MediaPortal Support Wizard. Which should be your primary .NET version. I'll try to change it to an enumeration of the .NET versions on the system (highest version selected).

FlipGer said:
    - Step 4, TAB navigation for the TV card. TV card type comes before TV card driver if i use TAB to jump into the different fields. ;)
    Hehehe, whoops, ahhh what can I say, tabIndex hates me :). I'll fix it.

FlipGer said:
    - Keep in mind that there might be mutlituner setups. Do not know, how this could be handled nice...
    I thought about this as well, but then again I think that if someone is having an issue, it's most often with a specific device or part of the MP software. Too keep the support template simple for now, i'll stick to just one selection.[/quote]

Thank you for the feedback :D

Zyphrax

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2005
    Netherlands
    New version 2005-11-19

Please always refer to my last post or the opening post of this topic for the last version.

Newest test version MediaPortal Wizard 19-11-2005:
    MediaPortal 19-11-2005

What's new:
    - Change: All .NET versions on the system are now gathered, the highest version should be automaticly selected.
    - Change: Tab can no longer be used in the Report text, using tab there is useless, and by turning it off, you can tab through the whole wizard.
    - Fix: the tabindex, controls get focus in the right order
    - Fix: the comboboxes are cleaned before gathering, so you won't get 10 million 'detected' items

Thanks for testing.

I need some more people to test this newest version. Pay attention to the .NET versions/VideoCard/AudioCard selection. And please post the Motherboard chipset value the Wizard gathered for you, I wonder if those values are correct. If this version is stable, i'll replace the old one (the one most people use right now).

And a question:
    If the user didn't fill in a value for one of the questions in the Wizard. Should that end up in the Report as -, or just don't show it at all in the Report?
    e.g. TV Card Driver version: -

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

.NET2 is now shown, very nice. And you are right with the multituner.
    And a question:
    If the user didn't fill in a value for one of the questions in the Wizard. Should that end up in the Report as -, or just don't show it at all in the Report?
    e.g. TV Card Driver version: -

Yes, I would insert a "-" as you wrote e.g. TV Card Driver version: -.
    A report is easier to read then.

There could also be some warnings, when nothing is filled in. Not too much, since it should stay an easy application. But I think the user should at least select something inf the first step (or does the tool automatically use "other"?)

Flip.

Zyphrax

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2005
    Netherlands
    FlipGer said:
    There could also be some warnings, when nothing is filled in. Not too much, since it should stay an easy application. But I think the user should at least select something inf the first step (or does the tool automatically use "other"?)
    Good idea, i'll add a MessageBox to the first screen.
    It will popup if the user didn't fill in the Support category or the Area of Support.

The rest of the information is optional.

wortelsoft

Portal Pro
    May 13, 2005
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi just tested your application.

First of all great app!
    For the chipset you use the chip name. On my computer the detection came back with: 8363-686a
    The 8363 part is correct, the 686a should be 686b.
    But I think the programm should use the chipset name and not the names of the chips of the noth and outhbridge. In my case that would be KT133.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Zyphrax - Should you add code to retrieve the version (if it is even installed) of DirectX and report it?

Mike Zemina

Zyphrax

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2005
    Netherlands
    mzemina said:
    Zyphrax - Should you add code to retrieve the version (if it is even installed) of DirectX and report it?
    I'll try to squeeze that in there somewhere :)

To summarize, todo:
    - Add validation to the first screen, first two questions are mandatory
    - Adjust the Motherboard chipset detection
    - Add DirectX version question (+ detection)
    - Add TV card detection
    - Add detection of driver versions (Videocard, Audiocard and Tv card)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom